Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2009, 10:39 PM

Default D Command issue

I have a D- Command with 1 fader bank expansion. I keep having issues with Protools not recognizing the control surfaces. It typcally takes a couple of restarts and then things settle in for a few days, then the same error message.

Any thoughts??
Old 12-17-2009, 10:02 AM

Default Re: D Command issue

bad firmware
bad ethernet connection

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 11-28-2010, 10:20 AM

I have this same issue.

I realize the thread was posted a long time ago, but somewhere we still haven't resolved it.

Is there a firmware update we can get somewhere? Or does everyone have this problem?

Our ethernet connection should be solid-ish... It's a linksys 5-port hub... Though I've know those to stop functioning at random...

Thoughts?
Old 11-29-2010, 06:46 AM
Avid

Firstly, this thread should really be in the ICON forum.

Make sure your Ethernet hub is functional firstly. Honestly, I prefer a switch to a hub always. It's also not a bad idea (if you have a Mac Pro) to allocate one Ethernet port for Surface and one for Wide/Local Network. Check your cables. Did you terminate them yourself or are they off the shelf? What version of Pro Tools are you on? What OS version?

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stygar View Post
I have this same issue.

I realize the thread was posted a long time ago, but somewhere we still haven't resolved it.

Is there a firmware update we can get somewhere? Or does everyone have this problem?

Our ethernet connection should be solid-ish... It's a linksys 5-port hub... Though I've know those to stop functioning at random...

Thoughts?
MTRX FAQ
Old 11-29-2010, 09:48 AM

You're probably right. I just searched, like a good boy, and found it without really paying attention to where it was... But I'll go take a look over there too...

As I typed that out, I began to question the hub a little more... And I also prefer a switch, I just didn't have one to allocate... We are using a Mac Pro, so also have a dedicated port for the surface. The cables are self-terminated, but we have many lines in-house that are, and it's actually the second set of cables we've put on it and still seen the problem...

If there's no newer firmware, or no trick anyone's using, I'd suspect the hub. And I'll see if there's some equipment around I could swap that out with...

Jason
Old 11-29-2010, 10:18 AM
Avid

You can try blowing out the existing firmware and reloading it. On each module individually hold down SELECT, SOLO & MUTE on the leftmost channel while powering on the unit. Un-declare and re-declare in the Peripherals window. It should then ask to re-load the firmware.

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stygar View Post
You're probably right. I just searched, like a good boy, and found it without really paying attention to where it was... But I'll go take a look over there too...

As I typed that out, I began to question the hub a little more... And I also prefer a switch, I just didn't have one to allocate... We are using a Mac Pro, so also have a dedicated port for the surface. The cables are self-terminated, but we have many lines in-house that are, and it's actually the second set of cables we've put on it and still seen the problem...

If there's no newer firmware, or no trick anyone's using, I'd suspect the hub. And I'll see if there's some equipment around I could swap that out with...

Jason
MTRX FAQ
Old 11-30-2010, 07:46 AM

Thanks Jeff.

I'll give that a whirl and see what it can do, along with hunting down a new switch.

Jason