Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2023, 03:30 AM

Default DADman wish list?

What features do people think are missing from DADman?

For me there are a few things I wish we could do.
First is labelling multiple channels at once.
A click and drag style approach as you would get in Excel would be brilliant for labelling dozens of channels incrementally.

Second thing I wish we had was that there could be a direct connection between the MTRX II and the MOM so that when a computer is offline (such as being rebooted) you still have the ability to use Cut/DIM/Level controls. I'm not sure this would be possible but it would be very handy.

Interface scaling would be useful too.

Finally, I'd like the ProMon monitoring section to be available in Pro Tools, as in completely integrated (but as a choice, we don't always work in Pro Tools). Having CMD TAB a billion times a day between Pro Tools and DADman is a slight annoyance.

2019 Mac Pro, 2022 Mac Studio Ultra
Avid S6, HDX2, MTRX II, MTRX, DAD AX64, AX32, Focusrite Rednet PCIER, Trinnov MC8 Pro.
Studio: https://www.voltperoctave.com | Music: https://www.euclideancircuits.com
Latest Article: Auto-Bounce for Logic Pro

Affiliate Links:
Auto-Bounce by Tom Salta
Dreamhost Web Hosting
Old 07-17-2023, 01:52 PM

Default Re: DADman wish list?

I would like the ability to set a separate delay (in milliseconds and/or samples) for every input monitor source, and have that permanently saved in your Monitor Profile (.dmprof file). Currently this is possible only across the entire monitor system, and only then if you have the SPQ card (which I do not).
Old 07-17-2023, 02:40 PM

"Drag" reordering of sources, outputs, fold downs.
Pretty much everything in the Mon section should be reorder-able without having to delete and recreate.

Rename speaker outputs. I'd rather be able to have LfeL and LfeR rather than Lfe1 and Lfe2 -- or in my case Lfe1 = Lfe and Lfe2 = Bass Management (Bsm). Or for surrounds, instead of Ls1, Ls2, etc. I'd rather give them better identifiers.

A pre or post fader option for metering on outputs/sources.

A way to align output levels (like setting "0dbFs" = "85dBC" on the meters) and a way to set what Ref level "Ref" goes to instead of always 0dBFs.
Old 07-17-2023, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Rename speaker outputs
This is currently possible if you have a control surface (S4/S6). Individual channels can be renamed/displayed on the Master Touch Module.
Old 07-17-2023, 03:39 PM

Definable/assignable inserts for monitor profile sources and outputs

Replacing profile files with a scenes panel, making DADman configuration changes selectable via eucon.

Better channel order management with monitor profiles. From memory everything expects film order. If you use SMPTE order it isn't possible to take advantage of the assign-the-next-number-of-channels-automatically shortcuts.

Linkable source/fold down/outputs in monitor profiles.

Make the DADman window automatically scale in size with the number of panels open. Always needing to adjust the size of DADman when my system first boots seem... I don't know... unpolished? It is petty, I know.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 07-17-2023, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinemke View Post
This is currently possible if you have a control surface (S4/S6). Individual channels can be renamed/displayed on the Master Touch Module.
Yes. This can be done on any Eucontrol (Control app too)
But it is Eucontrol doing it and not DADman. (and, of course, you then -- or other users -- have to be aware of what marries up with what on DADman between Eucon/Eucontrol and DADman)
Old 07-18-2023, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinemke View Post
I would like the ability to set a separate delay (in milliseconds and/or samples) for every input monitor source, and have that permanently saved in your Monitor Profile (.dmprof file). Currently this is possible only across the entire monitor system, and only then if you have the SPQ card (which I do not).
+1 on this. I have my Pro Tools source compensated inside Pro Tools using Video Sync Offset, with different values needing to be entered for different codecs and frame rates. I'd like to be able to set a different offset for watching QuickTime via macOS and coming into MTRX Studio/DADman via DVS.
Old 07-19-2023, 04:50 AM
Avid

Dragging of Sources, Outputs and Folddowns is currently possible.

best,

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
"Drag" reordering of sources, outputs, fold downs.
Pretty much everything in the Mon section should be reorder-able without having to delete and recreate.

Rename speaker outputs. I'd rather be able to have LfeL and LfeR rather than Lfe1 and Lfe2 -- or in my case Lfe1 = Lfe and Lfe2 = Bass Management (Bsm). Or for surrounds, instead of Ls1, Ls2, etc. I'd rather give them better identifiers.

A pre or post fader option for metering on outputs/sources.

A way to align output levels (like setting "0dbFs" = "85dBC" on the meters) and a way to set what Ref level "Ref" goes to instead of always 0dBFs.
MTRX FAQ
Old 10-13-2023, 02:36 AM

Something I would dearly like to be added to DADman.

I don't always want to have all my DADman devices online.
For instance, I have a MTRX I that I use only when using HDX (channels 65-128), which is not every time I use my Mac.
Or the AX64 which is used for IO expansion to the MTRX II.

I would like an 'ignore missing devices' checkbox so I don't get warned about it.

I know they are offline.
I intend them to be.
I am trying to save energy by not having unused devices consuming power when they do not need to be.

2019 Mac Pro, 2022 Mac Studio Ultra
Avid S6, HDX2, MTRX II, MTRX, DAD AX64, AX32, Focusrite Rednet PCIER, Trinnov MC8 Pro.
Studio: https://www.voltperoctave.com | Music: https://www.euclideancircuits.com
Latest Article: Auto-Bounce for Logic Pro

Affiliate Links:
Auto-Bounce by Tom Salta
Dreamhost Web Hosting
Old 10-13-2023, 08:32 AM

Agreed with a way to option out of the error message.

Though I’m thinking more about MOM controllers being temporarily disconnected rather than audio converters being offline. It’s annoying the message halts loading. It should load no matter what and if an offline device comes back online, at that point the dmprof should load into that specific device.

This would also potentially solve the issue of DADman opening before a computer has restored network connectivity.