Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2009, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Transfuser 1.5 & Structure 1.5 Coming Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason00 View Post
as for Structure 1.5...I hope it is all that it can be for you and all Pro Tools users.
A few things I'd like to see improved etc. Shortcuts, shortcuts shortcuts! Creating sounds quickly from the ground up is absolutely painful and slow. Not all of us live in a "preset" world. User defined shortcuts for every action and navigation that copies modern standard PT navigation needs to be expanded or at least make it scriptable for the power users. The current 17 or so shortcuts are far to few. Not to mention that the current navigation shortcut commands used are how we navigated in PT 10 years ago. The mouse has a scroll wheel...put it to use with modifiers. An improvement on importing 3rd party sample libraries will probably be welcomed by many, but how about exporting/saving to other formats? There is no WAY I'm going to create custom sample libraries that get saved to a proprietary Structure format in which the plug-in can only be used in PT. At least being able to save to other formats gives one a bit of relief to the future survival of Structure created sound libraries. Look what happened to the SampleCell crowd from years gone by. I think a lesson should have been learned from that one. I just cant commit hundreds of hours to sound design with a proprietary RTAS only plug-in and sample format that isn't cross platform in these modern times. Nothing lasts forever...*cough*SampleCell*cough* Last, I'd like to see a version of Structure without the bloat. I just need a sampler not effects, effects routings etc, just the sample engine. My DAW has inserts and sends already thank you.

Quote:
I've read your Boom comments. Ya, a pathetic VI no doubt. Open it up A.I.R.....open it up.
Marketing filler in my opinion.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 05-02-2009, 08:35 PM

Well said Shan

Old 05-04-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
There is no WAY I'm going to create custom sample libraries that get saved to a proprietary Structure format in which the plug-in can only be used in PT. At least being able to save to other formats gives one a bit of relief to the future survival of Structure created sound libraries......I just cant commit hundreds of hours to sound design with a proprietary RTAS only plug-in and sample format that isn't cross platform in these modern times. Nothing lasts forever...*cough*SampleCell*cough*..

Shane

+1
This could not be stated clearer.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
I'd like to see a version of Structure without the bloat. I just need a sampler not effects, effects routings etc, just the sample engine. My DAW has inserts and sends already thank you.
+1
Old 05-04-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
A few things I'd like to see improved etc. Shortcuts, shortcuts shortcuts!
Install Quickeys. Works decently in PT. We even have a dedicated QK on PT site where you can download and trade pre-programmed Pro Tools Qickeys shortcuts:

http://bbs.macrosonline.net/index.php
Old 05-05-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason00 View Post
Transfuser 1.5 is rumored to take GURU, BPM, Stylus, FL Studio & Reason head on & one up them with its flawless integration with Pro Tools 8!
Funny, I would take Transfuser over all of them, save Stylus.

Quote:
Structure 1.5 is rumored to be the complete Pro Tools sampler it was supposed to be from day one, importing all the library formats you can think of. Kontakt, Mach 5, & the EXS 24 will be in for a shock when its features & of course integration/compatibility go head to head with Structure 1.5 in Pro Tools 8!
I'll believe that when it happens. There are so many reasons why i would rather use Structure than Kontakt, but there are just as many reasons why Kontakt is simply just a more advanced product. I really hope that AIR could get their [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] together with Structure, but it's a long climb they have in front of them. Hopefully they'll make it, but honestly I don't think they will
Old 05-05-2009, 12:21 AM

One s__t four bleeps? Must've been a really bad poop
Old 05-05-2009, 03:38 AM

Another idea for the new Structure would be to add East West Instrument files (.ewi) support. Then you can finally use your East West libraries without all the frustrations of the PLAY software.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:15 AM

Just to reiterate that this thread is based on supposition, not fact, so please don't anyone get too excited about versions of software that do not yet exist.

As I've already said I know that AIR are working very, very, hard on updates so it may be better to wait and see.

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
As I've already said I know that AIR are working very, very, hard on updates so it may be better to wait and see.
Wait and see at the 2009 London International Music show this June