Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2024, 07:40 PM

Default New MTRX Studio, Dadman crashing when trying to "connect"

I got an MTRX studio today. I foolishly took a break from mixing to hook it up expecting it to just work. Well, it doesn't. HDX sees it, Dante sees it, but Dadman crashes instantly when I try to click on "connect". I thought maybe it was an old firmware issue with Mac OS Ventura, so I hooked it up to my windows system and it worked as expected. Same network adapters and everything! Just unplugged my thunderbolt hub from the mac and plugged it into the PC. On windows I was able to update the firmware, but then I went back to mac and still got an immediate dadman crash when I try to click "connect", or even right click on the ip. Anyone experience this, or have any ideas? Looking like I'll get to spend some time with avid support in the morning.

M2 Max Macbook Pro with Ventura, HDX, and PT 2023.12.
Old 02-15-2024, 05:41 AM
Avid

Default Re: New MTRX Studio, Dadman crashing when trying to "connect"

Greetings,

Are you running current 5.7.x DADman software and on what macOS version? Can you briefly describe your network -> DHCP router, manual or self-assigned?

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 02-15-2024, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
Greetings,

Are you running current 5.7.x DADman software and on what macOS version? Can you briefly describe your network -> DHCP router, manual or self-assigned?

best,

Jeff
Mac OS 13.6.3

Yes, just installed DADman for the first time after registering to get access to the download.

All DHCP

I'm using a secondary ethernet port for all dante connections. Ethernet adapter to a switch, to MTRX and AVIO AES Adapters. Dante seems to be functioning perfectly.

If I plug that switch into my main network instead of it's own ethernet adapter, I am able to access the mtrx via DADman over wifi on my older macbook that's running Sonoma 14.3.1. I'm not upgrading my work system though! I was able to configure a few things in the software, but seems like settings are sticking.

I'm still unable to do anything with DADman on my main system. It crashes as soon as I click "connect"
Old 02-15-2024, 06:21 AM
Avid

Are any of your different wired and wireless network adapters on exactly the same subnet, / IP range? For example, 192.168.1.x..

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 02-15-2024, 06:30 AM

My main network is 192.168.50.

Dante network is self assigned 169.254.

This seems like a software issue on this specific computer. Not a network issue since two of my other computers seem to be fine. I'm definitely not a network genius, and this is my first time with dante, but again, dante seems to be fine.
The only time I have an issue with it is when I am on my main network that has 100 other devices, DVS doesn't lock, and right now DVS is the only way I can get audio from pro tools to my speakers since I pulled my omni and hdio.
Old 02-15-2024, 06:34 AM
Avid

If I understand correctly, you have MTRX connected to your house network with a large number of network devices. I would recommend having MTRX connected to your Dante network (closed network) both for IP audio routing and for management / communication with DADman.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 02-15-2024, 06:36 AM

NO, I have it connected to a separate network. I only connected it to the house network to test it. When doing that test the DADman app works fine from my laptop. DADman app only crashes on my work system.
Old 02-15-2024, 06:46 AM
Avid

So, your MTRX device is only connected to the separate self assigned 169 network? DADman can see all of the networks from any NIC on your workstation. When DADman crashes on your work system is it connected to a closed network?

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 02-15-2024, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
So, your MTRX device is only connected to the separate self assigned 169 network? DADman can see all of the networks from any NIC on your workstation. When DADman crashes on your work system is it connected to a closed network?

best,

Jeff
DADman crashes no matter what on this system. But yes, I intend to use it on the separate 169 network for stability.

Any ideas on the software side?
Old 02-15-2024, 07:00 AM
Avid

So, just to double click on this a bit... On the system in question, which is running macOS 13.6.x and DADman 5.7.x, with only a single closed networked enabled, does DADman behave correctly? That is, can you temporarily only enable the one wired network which is self assigned and see if you can make DADman crash? Thanks.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ