Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2009, 11:32 PM

Default Re: Play/Pause issue driving me nuts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
At this time I would like to extend an open invitation to any or all of the PT programmers to come down to my studio here in LA. I will personally pick you up at the airport and let you play with my system all day if you can't duplicate this problem in house. There will be food, girls and beer if you are so inclined.
Ah.... those DIGI programmers really know how to live...
Old 03-28-2009, 01:32 AM

so, there I was telling you all that I lost a customer on thursday...

bur friday is another day, a new customer, a new track and no problems at all...

how can that be, one day it's lost the will to live, the next day, hunky dory...

that's not to say that I didn't have my heart in my mouth all day, especially as I was using plug ins like reason and melodyne that are often associated with play/record problems in my experience...

but not this time, so that blows another one of my vague theories out the window...

today will be another story though, because I have a returning customer who wants to re-work, re-mix a previously recorded track which has the disease, so I know it's gonna be a day of counting how many times I have to punch that button before it kicks in...

MOBILE RIG: Dual Core CPU, T9300 @ 2.50GHz, 3.00GB RAM, TSST CDDVDW SN-SO82H, Windows XP Home, MBox 2 Pro, PTLE 7.4cs10
Old 03-28-2009, 01:38 AM

When it does kick in I can usually consolidate and “save session copy in” and move on. But if that doesn’t work and a client wants to do vocals at buffer 64 on a giant session, BIG trouble.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-30-2009, 12:31 AM

Hello everybody... I'm new here, but i've read all the posts trying to find a solution to the play/ pause problem(plus plus). For me the problem started after upgrading from PT 7.3.cs 7 to PT 8. When i was on pt 7.3, my system was rock solid. Everything worked perfect, but after upgrading to pt 8..... bang! There it was....! I have the same pc i had with pt 7.3 (asus P5N-E sli - quadcore 2,4 ghz - 4 ghz ram - gforce 8500 graphics - win xp pro). I really think the midifunctions in pt 8 is great so i dont wanna go back to 7.3 because of that, but its really frustrating.
Some of you have mentioned Superior 2. and maybe thats something to look into.... i just bought the expansion pack (new york studio legacy) and if i switch to the hit factory kit or allistare kit and activate more bleeding (ambient, bullet etc) it takes 2 seconds and PT chrash and i have to reboot (its more ram demanding, but i have 4 ghz ram so it should be enough) Another thing is that when i edit in the midi editor. After only a few minutes (5-10 min) i will get a message saying: not enough memory!!!!???? and i have to restart PT.
I recently started on a new song which included superior, minigrand, ampeg, eleven plugins and all of a sudden i couldnt reopen the project.... it just wouldnt start and of course PT chrash everytime i try.
I also have problems whith bouncing big projects which include several songs. and also after bouncing drums in superior, i have to restart because pt start to stutter.....

Rob
Old 03-30-2009, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhauge View Post
...Some of you have mentioned Superior 2. and maybe thats something to look into...
I recently installed Superior 2 and whammo!...I now have this dreaded playback issue.

It's time to dig out a very old but very needed app we had long ago. The VST to ReWire adapter by FXpansion which has long been discontinued. Since the plug-ins are using ReWire, they use ram accessed outside of the PT limits hence more stable and solid systems. Another benefit is that everything is still contained in the one PT session as apposed to managing more than one app. It's probably time to give Angus a call to revive the VST to ReWire adapter.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 03-30-2009, 05:44 AM

I also have had lots more play/pause problems after installing Superior 2.0, but I am not sure if the problem started with that. When I was using the Mbox2Pro, it was non-existant. Now I use the 002 Rack, but I can't remember when the problem started to appear, as it has gradually become worse with time.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:02 AM

No Superior here, Strike though - and yes, play/pause plague.

Cheers,
- J

Asus P5K Premium v3, Q6600, 2x2GB Corsair

Tyan Thunder n3600B (S2927A2NRF)
2xAMD OPTERON 2214 2.2GHZ

Win XP Pro SP3
Old 03-30-2009, 08:45 AM

I just got the SIIG Firewire Card that Digi claimed "the compatible one". I thought this will save (or minimize the issue). After setting the buffer to 128, here we "plague" again. Play/Pause interruptions are still there. When will this issue with PT8 be resolved?
Old 03-30-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reycantong View Post
I just got the SIIG Firewire Card that Digi claimed "the compatible one". I thought this will save (or minimize the issue).
Nope that isn't the savior...Nut'n is

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 03-30-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobia View Post
- and yes, play/pause plague.

Cheers,
- J
AHH, the good thing for the day... A new name for this.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com