Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2010, 02:57 AM

Exclamation Digi hardware - bizarre behavior - Digi you will lose this market share

I was looking at the 003 Rack+ Factory and still wondering why there is a limitation with the ADAT still only at only 48 KHz, the competition out there are up to 96 KHz and 196 KHz, why it that Digi keeps, releasing hardware that is outdated compare to what is out there.

This whole thing becomes fishy to me it does not make sense, I hurt the excuses regarding the ADAT limitation on Digi hardware and others, sadly to say this do not fly with me anymore, Digi wake up and smell the roses, I have said this a few years ago, that this day would come. So all you attempting to do are just attempting to keep and not paving the way with innovation just merely keeping up, with regards to hardware this is just is not the case.

Look at your Digi003 still only four XLR’s, so look at how you improved on the Digi002……….can you really say it is an improvement?
You have the lovely C24, however this do not bridged the gap, PTS LE or even M-powered can’t use it at all.

It looks to me you protecting your AD systems; why else would this bizarre behavior exist, how else would explain this logically? Just remember you cannot stop progress you either on board or you will go out of business. Being in a position of catching up is not a good place to be in. You need to have you C24 and a smaller version be compatible and working with LE and M-powered systems, if you do not, or do this soon you will lose this market share, your AD systems is out dated as well, no real invasions over the years, so here too you have a serious problem.

You even have more flexibility on your M-powered systems then you have with LE, come on Digi do you not see what is happening around you in the world and with other companies and technologies out there?