How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2013, 03:21 PM

Default Anyone use these FANTASTIC sounds

Hey

We have invested quite a bag full of money here and after starting to play with these awesome sounds I just wanted everyone to listen to them They are fantastic and great so check it out :

http://8dio.com/

Best Wishes
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-22-2013, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Anyone use these FANTASTIC sounds

I purchased some strings library from them and they are very good. will purchase more during their sale which end in jan
Old 12-22-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hey

We have invested quite a bag full of money here and after starting to play with these awesome sounds I just wanted everyone to listen to them They are fantastic and great so check it out :

Best Wishes
Chris
the website samples sound great. But there's not much info. What exactly do you get if you buy one of their sample packages? What format does it come in? Will they work with any sampler? What are you using to play them?

I'm interested in the vocal ones...they sound really cool! But I'd like to know what I'm actually buying. How many samples and all that. But I can't find that info on the website.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hey

Best Wishes
Chris
I'm a big fan of their 1928 Steinway.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 12-22-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
What exactly do you get if you buy one of their sample packages? What format does it come in? Will they work with any sampler? What are you using to play them?
They work in kontakt, maybe the full version only tho (not kontakt free player) maybe demo mode only on free player IIRC

Their stuff is fantastic!
Old 12-22-2013, 10:37 PM

Mandolin Solo and Requiem are the only ones I've tried. Requiem was neat, although I'm not a good enough composer to really take full advantage of all the features. The phrase builder was fantastic, but I don't see any real musical use for Latin gibberish. I'd really like to try the Berimbau and Taiko libraries. And the Francesca stuff sounds amazing, really fitting for all sorts of cinematic score work.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
the website samples sound great. But there's not much info. What exactly do you get if you buy one of their sample packages? What format does it come in? Will they work with any sampler? What are you using to play them?

I'm interested in the vocal ones...they sound really cool! But I'd like to know what I'm actually buying. How many samples and all that. But I can't find that info on the website.
Hi Donald

If you scroll down on the sample library you choose to listen or watch you will see this info here on each library:

http://8dio.com/instruments/#instrument/adagietto/

For instance the Adagietto string library is 12GB and 11 Violins etc and yes, we use them in kontakt 5 AAX64 and all their libraries are amazingly detailed. As Measone said, you need to find the right library for your wants and needs as maybe a Beuatiful string library doesn't do you much good if you make EDM but we bought their entire collection (yes very expensive) and I could have bought a second car for that money but found we are using lots of the sounds in an "unconventional" way in new music for the pop/dance charts so for me this was a very welcomming Christmas Present from my mom and dad

Just ask if there are any libraries you want me to describe further or info and I will try and provide that asap

Happy Hollidays Friends
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-23-2013, 01:17 AM

wow these sound great.. although it says "YOU NEED FULL RETAIL of KONTAKT4" - shame.. as I don't own this at all....otherwise I'd of brought some of these..
Old 12-23-2013, 02:24 AM

I use Requiem Pro and Liberis ... they are very cool and complement EW/QL library well.

I use Kontakt 5 AAX in PT11 and both libraries work extremely well ... by "extremely" I mean that I can really see the performance difference between PT10 and PT11 when working with more complex templates.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:00 AM

DOH!.. I even went to NI website, and happily saw there was a Free Konakt player!.. YaY I thought, great, I can get some of those libs...

....Epic Fail!. the "FREE" version, timeouts in 15 mins..... so its not free at all is it.. its a demo! Ive been lied too!. Why don't they label it as DEMO then??

/sad face...

I don't want to have to spent 400! on something that cost 150!