Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2015, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 12 with Reaper via Rewire to load vsti

Quote:
Originally Posted by khushalbhadra View Post
Well I used the virtual keyboard in Reaper but the notes aren't getting recorded. Guess its the routing thats the issue.
I don't think REAPER will pass MIDI data from its virtual keyboard outside of REAPER. As others have suggested, a hardware keyboard controller would likely be a better solution for you. The plus side of using REAPER as a VI host is that you can sandbox each plug-in in a multitude of ways.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 06-18-2015, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
I don't think REAPER will pass MIDI data from its virtual keyboard outside of REAPER. As others have suggested, a hardware keyboard controller would likely be a better solution for you. The plus side of using REAPER as a VI host is that you can sandbox each plug-in in a multitude of ways.

Shane
Although the routing was perfect, also sound came through Pro Tools 12; you were right shane the the Midi data doesn't get transferred from Reaper to PT using Virtual keyboard. I tried using a friends Midi controller and it worked well.
Also do you think I need to invest in Wrappers like DDMF or Blue Cat Patchwork as suggested by others since Reaper works like a charm already.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:56 PM

Each has a demo version so you can try Metasynth or Patchwork to make sure they will work with your VSTi's.

Quote:
Although the routing was perfect, also sound came through Pro Tools 12; you were right shane the the Midi data doesn't get transferred from Reaper to PT using Virtual keyboard. I tried using a friends Midi controller and it worked well.
Also do you think I need to invest in Wrappers like DDMF or Blue Cat Patchwork as suggested by others since Reaper works like a charm already.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Your answer is right there. As mentioned earlier, the plus side of using REAPER as a VI host is that you can sandbox each plug-in in a multitude of ways, and even have them running as dedicated processes. DDMF and Patchwork don't have that functionality. No harm trying the others though. Whatever workflow works best for your needs.

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit