Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Ableton Live and Drum Loops

I'm confused. I spent hours creating the drum loops for my song. I have a Live Set with the various verse chorus verse transitions. Now, when I play it, the drums are out of sync somehow. Isn't there a way to record the Ableton Live stuff onto a track as an audio track? I'm frustrated, it took hours to get the loops to play correctly.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Ableton Live and Drum Loops

Quote:
I'm confused. I spent hours creating the drum loops for my song. I have a Live Set with the various verse chorus verse transitions. Now, when I play it, the drums are out of sync somehow.
Hmmm....everything should be in syc. What version of PT and what version of Ableton are you using?
Quote:
Isn't there a way to record the Ableton Live stuff onto a track as an audio track? I'm frustrated, it took hours to get the loops to play correctly.
Yes. You can buss your aux tracks to audio tracks and record them.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 11-20-2005, 06:04 PM

I have PT 6.4 LE Windows and Live 4 lite.

It counts off 1,2,3,4 then is starting on 6, throwing the entire sequence off by two beats.

How does one record live onto a track?
Old 11-20-2005, 08:40 PM

First off, make sure your PT and Live session tempos match. Since Live can only be a ReWire slave, you have to set the tempo in PT for it to sync properly (and PT defaults to 120 bpm). As for recording LIve into PT, it's been discussed ad nauseam (just like with Reason), but here goes.

- Live is on stereo aux track in PT
- Buss that aux track to a new stereo audio track (ie: send bus 1-2)
- Audio track input set to "bus 1-2"
- Solo both aux and audio tracks, arm record and let it roll...

Wash, rinse, repeat.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:19 PM

Thank you, I'll have to try that. The tempo's were set correctly, the drum pattern was starting two beats too early and I couldn't figure out why. I ended up re-doing it, leaving 2 full measures of drums before I start playing. It's working now, but I would like to run this onto a track so it doesn't suddenly decide to do it again. I appreciate your assistance.