Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2010, 12:04 AM

Exclamation URGENT; cant open session, created with older version.

ive been mixing a protools session. i opened a plug-in and my computer froze as it couldn't handle it, not been able to exit the program i had to reset it. now when i try to open the session again it says, cant open session as it was created on a older version of protools.
the thing is though nothing as changed, still the same version it just wont open now. it was originally recorded on PT8, but ive been mixing at home on my version of 7.4 and have had no problems at all, its just now comes up with that error since it froze. the thing is ive been working on that session for a while and i need to open with all the original settings. can anyone help
Old 02-03-2010, 01:18 AM

Default Re: URGENT; cant open session, created with older version.

Go into the Session File Backups folder and try to open the last few .bak sessions. You could also create a new session and try to import the tracks.

Always save a copy of the session file to another drive when working using "Save Copy In...". Always do a full session backup. If it doesn't exist in 3 places...it doesn't exist.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 02-03-2010, 06:12 AM

yeah i tryed importing it to another session, no luck.
the back up files work but its not the most recent, guess that will have to do but i just wonder why its done that. corrupt file i guess
Old 02-03-2010, 08:20 AM

You could try holding the SHIFT key while you attempt to open the session. That will make all the plugins inactive. If the problem is a plugin, this will allow the session to open. If this works, then you can choose to re-activate plugins a few at a time and save>close>open, or just remove all the plugins and start over with the plugins you have in your 7.4 install.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-26-2010, 01:55 PM

I'm having this exact same problem... Except my session file was all midi and for some reason it did not save any backups.... I've got over 15 hours spent on this project and now its basicaly gone? nothing i can do? holding the shift key doesnt do anything just continues to say the project was made with an older version of protools... i was just in the session 15 minutes ago and now it wont open.. [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ing [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]...