Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2010, 04:32 AM

Default eulogy

Sure the general public don't know 'digidesign'. But I do. sniff.

Years ago you took me by the hand and changed my life. Good-bye old friend.

Avid Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.3. Win7x64Sp1. i7-930 X58A-UD3R. Acronis backup. Black Viper optimized.
Google the DUC
Search Avid

Old 04-04-2010, 05:02 AM

Default Re: eulogy

I have little faith left with the future of PT in the hands of Avid's current upper management. What an insane decision and a huge waste of valuable resources that could have been better spent hiring more developers to work on and fix the PT code.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 04-04-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
I have little faith left with the future of PT in the hands of Avid's current upper management. What an insane decision and a huge waste of valuable resources that could have been better spent hiring more developers to work on and fix the PT code.

Shane
God damn it Shane, now you're scaring me, do you know something we don't?
I own an 003, a mini, and a micro, none of which have the best pre or converters. Meaning: if I have to move to a different DAW, I won't be using these interfaces and considerable amount of $ down the drain.
I have to believe DIGI saw this coming several years ago and were well aware they needed new code in order to maintain the 'standard of the industry.' Please tell me they will be announcing very soon a completely NEW PT!
Old 04-04-2010, 11:26 AM

rq,

Just so you'll feel better I'll say it: Digi will be announcing very soon a completely NEW PT. (Although there is absolutely no basis for me, you, or anyone else to believe this.)

Did this make you feel better?

Greg
Intel i7 3930K, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 (rev 1.0), 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidea GT 720 TI video card, a Samsung 850 Pro (256 GB) OS drive, 2 Samsung 850 Pro's (512 GB) in externally mounted drive bays for session and sample storage, Win 10 Pro, PT Ultimate (Native)2019.10, HD Omni, HD I/O 16x16 .
Old 04-04-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
rq,

Just so you'll feel better I'll say it: Digi will be announcing very soon a completely NEW PT. (Although there is absolutely no basis for me, you, or anyone else to believe this.)

Did this make you feel better?

Greg
A little, just for 1 moment, but reality soon set in.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:35 PM

But, good news is we are going to get a new frickin web site
MBox /PT not supported under Win7 - I didn't leave PT, PT left me!
11/30/2009 - MBox, REAPER

http://www.jazzmandan.com
Old 04-04-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonsqueezer View Post
Did you actually expect the 003 or mini to have the "best" pres or converters? You can use other pres and/or converters with them
Key words are with them! Nah dude, My studio is covered, I was just making a point on how with Digi/Avid you need to buy their hardware in order to make the DAW work and if I needed to switch to a different DAW I would no longer have a need for these interfaces. Actually I have a 24 buss system with 5 or 6 different formats, you can check out my site if you like.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rqstudio View Post
I have to believe DIGI saw this coming several years ago and were well aware they needed new code in order to maintain the 'standard of the industry.
It would be nice to think so huh?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 04-04-2010, 03:54 PM

The email doesn't mention LE at all, only M-Powered so I wonder what's going to happen to users like me, who have older interfaces (002r in my case) and only planned on purchasing software upgrades? I bypass the converters via SPDIF to Crane Song converters, so in my case, I hope Avid is not thinking I'm going to buy another interface just to be able to use Pro Tools, cus that's not happening.