Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 09:40 PM

Default plugin bypass in low latency mode

What's up guys,
Does anyone know why some plugs go into bypass mode when low latency is selected? And does anyone know how to keep this from happening? I'm using a plug called east west synphonic gold for strings and the samples are almost always late or behind the beat. This makes me have to place the midi notes at least one beat before the start of a measure because if I activate low latency the plug automatically goes into a bypass state. Please help!!

Cheers!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: plugin bypass in low latency mode

Quote:
... if I activate low latency the plug automatically goes into a bypass state. Please help!!

Cheers!!!
Select "no input" for the track that has your Symphonic Strings softsynth on it.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 08-09-2007, 11:34 AM

If this is the only solution there is nothing that can be done at present. This plug happens to require an active input to function. It's weird but necessary according to the info from the programers. I will just have to wait for a fix from them. Thanks for the speedy response.
Cheers
Old 08-09-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
If this is the only solution there is nothing that can be done at present. This plug happens to require an active input to function. It's weird but necessary according to the info from the programers. I will just have to wait for a fix from them. Thanks for the speedy response.
Cheers
Just so we are on the same page, I'm referring to the audio input. If you fire up Xpand and do a little test, it will make sense. But you might be doing this already.

The only other solution would be to unselect low latency mode, and then record at the lowest buffer setting. Also, print your midi tracks to audio, unfortunately, we have to do this in real time.

Keep me posted.

Shane

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 08-10-2007, 04:52 PM

you are absolutely correct. however after my last post i started thinking that maybe the info I was referencing was dated. So I went looking for updates. Low abd behold I found one that I may have overlooked. Downloaded it, installed it and bingo!! Problem solved. Thanks man. You were a great help.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:37 PM

Killer!! Glad you got it working.

Shane