Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2010, 10:43 PM

Default Re: A Big Thanks To Avid!

Fingers crossed to ADC. At home I want it in LE. At the studio I work in, I want to it work with a bigger amount of samples so I can use things like znoise.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:30 PM

Big + from me as well.
I`ve been very impressed with Pro Tools and M-Audio releases lately.
I`m thinking Next incarnation of 00-series for tthe studio and Mbox wih DSP for home use.
MacBook Pro i7/Apogee One/Duet/ElevenR/Pro Tools 12
Preamps from UA, Mackie and Avid.
Listening through Dynaudio, Genelec and ADAM
Old 09-15-2010, 11:46 PM

http://www.airusersblog.com/home-pag...x-verdict.html

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:48 PM

Nice one Russ.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 09-15-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rqstudio View Post
18 inputs are not enough?
It's not 18 if you want to record at 96k...
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 09-16-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KroNEe View Post
...what ever is next for us mid level...For the first time in several years I think you guys are finaly going to give us a reason...my gut feeling of whats to come...I cannot wait to see...whatever you come out with that will give us who need more I/O. I have a good feeling, I hope you continue on this path!
Will this finally be the year of the Linux desktop, or a full uncrippled PT Native solution? My own optimism is on the latter.

+64!

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 09-16-2010, 04:21 PM

See what a little hope can do to get your biggest critics and supporters back behind you. There have been a lot of people holding on, and now we see some light. You are really close to turning this around and staying on top of the DAW world. You have the change to knock it out of the park and still have all your high end sales and a middle ground for the rest of us. Man I am excited of what is next!

www.kineticrecordingstudios.com
Old 09-16-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
Which MBox has 18 I/O?
A lot of us have been doing since the 002: any interface above the 002 gives you "8" Many 8-pre-amp units (starting at $200 Behringer) via ADAT in gives you and additional 8 (or) 16, then a pair of other pre-units in via SPDIF will give you 2 more or 18 in! The beauty of this is you can do it for a couple hundred bucks up to a few thousand, which would give you a better front end than any Digi Box.
Now you can start searching to see which is the best 3rd party box for the money! Personally, I like starting with the '003+ Factory' and Apogee's.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
Which MBox has 18 I/O?
Quote:
A lot of us have been doing since the 002: any interface above the 002 gives you "8" Many 8-pre-amp units (starting at $200 Behringer) via ADAT in gives you and additional 8 (or) 16, then a pair of other pre-units in via SPDIF will give you 2 more or 18 in! The beauty of this is you can do it for a couple hundred bucks up to a few thousand, which would give you a better front end than any Digi Box.
Now you can start searching to see which is the best 3rd party box for the money! Personally, I like starting with the '003+ Factory' and Apogee's.
Did you misread that?

This thread is in praise of the new Mbox line.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:42 PM

I had 18 I/O since the day the 001 came out! Back then I used my old blackface adat for the lightpipe ins, it wasent that great sounding but hey at the time it was great! Figuring out how to clock it all was a challange when you wanted to use the spdif ins as well, finaly found a word clock generator interface that let me use 1 device to clock all three devices. Man that was great, but building a PC to record 18 tracks at the same time was the trick, we were all building AMD boxes back then and overclocking, well some of us Good times!

Quote:

www.kineticrecordingstudios.com