Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2008, 06:53 PM

Default ProTools 8

Hey everyone. The new ProTools 8 seems like a great upgrade to all users.
I just hope that they include the Plugin-Delay-Compensation!!! It would be a shame for them not to do it, but did anybody find out if that's the case?

Digidesign - We Need Delay-Compensation in LE Systems!!!!

:)

Love the upcoming features!!! Good job!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:50 PM

Default Re: ProTools 8

Since none of the news mentions it, I seriously doubt they included it.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-03-2008, 08:51 PM

Well, if it isn't included, this seems to be a pretty decent solution for very cheap...
http://www.mellowmuse.com/ATA.html
---
c
Old 10-03-2008, 09:27 PM

Talking Re: ProTools 8

First of all... awhile back (about a year ago) I suggested some new features that I thought would really help Pro Tools out.

1. I said the interface should be redesigned to look more modern as well as be a little easier on the eyes.

CHECK!

2. I mentioned that the Midi features in Pro Tools were still lacking behind the competitors and weren't nearly as intuitive as say "Reasons" are.

CHECK!

3. I explained how important it is to include Automatic Delay Compensation into the NEXT (Pro Tools 8) version of Pro Tools as it can really be a hassle at times and truly hampers workflow. Mostly with third party plug ins and soft synths... such as the Liquid Mix for example. If you only have 8 tracks in your session it's not that big of a problem but for those of us who routinely go over 24 tracks... adjusting ONE little parameter can mean adjusting all of the Time Delay Plug Ins in the session OR manually nudging tracks forward or backward etc. Now ANYTIME you make an adjustment means you have to adjust everything else... it's a PAIN in the... yeah.
I know that you can put it on a submix or auxillary but then you are limiting what you can do with each individual track and that takes away the purpose of the plug in to begin with.

UNCHECK!

ADC needs to be implemented. I've heard that its EXTREMELY hard for Digidesign to do on LE systems. Well the money that we hand over to your company... time and time again... for everything from audio interfaces to dv toolkits to music production toolkits to all of the VI's from AIR to the bazillion quality plug ins from Digidesign... we as Pro Tools user demand the best!

And there ARE other programs that do it for just a fraction of the cost.

I'm not bitching... I'm simply EXPECTING the very VERY best from Digidesign as they... IMO... are the best at what they do... by a long shot. But still they need to incorporate LITTLE things like ADC.

I truly HOPE they understand just HOW important this feature really is... ESPECIALLY to all of the novice and even intermediate Pro Tools users out there.

We the consumers, collectively, want this feature Digi. Please.

ADC aside... Pro Tools looks extremely attractive!

I'm excited to learn more about that BOOM drum machine as well as the other soft synths. And the new plug ins.

I'm excited... I can't lie.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:38 PM

I think this will be great im just curious to know what a update from 7.4 is...

Im going to guess 100$ possible $75

becasue the 7.4 upgrade is a $150 w/ a free upgrade to 8 when it comes out.

and just by noticing things like when 7.4 came out it was cheaper to upgrade from 7.3 to 7.4 then i was from 7.2 and below.

so if you are upgrading from 7.3 to 7.4 w/ a free 8 upgrade thats kinda like going from 7.3 to 8 so id think it would cost more...

idk..
does anyone remeber what the upgrade to 7.0 was from 6.9?
Old 10-03-2008, 09:40 PM

wait nvm in just saw this

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/sear...pgrade&go=Go!]

more then i expected but its alright
Old 10-03-2008, 10:27 PM

Check the Pro Tools TDM Mac forum and look at the PT 8 post. There's a link to a video from Scott Church (Digidesign) who goes over all the new stuff coming in PT 8.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoox View Post
wait nvm in just saw this

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/search.php?s=s%3Apt_upgrade&go=Go!]

more then i expected but its alright
Depends what feature you want.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit