Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2009, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Quickeys Headquarters and Trading Post

Anyone know how to reach our webmaster, forum administrator and moderator of bbs.macrosonline.net:

technerd

bbs.macrosonline.net is down for two weeks now.

If anyone needs all of the Quickeys shortcuts posted there, I archived them for safekeeping. I can email the lot to you as a compressed folder. I have all but the last two or three posted I think.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:07 PM

Terminal -> WHOIS macrosonline.net

You could try [email protected], and tell them you want to contact the admin for macrosonline.net.

Good Luck
Old 02-11-2010, 04:49 AM

technerd, I see you've popped back here into the DUC... Where is our Pro Tools Quickeys Headquarters and Trading Post, macrosonline.net? It simply vanished about 4 or 5 months ago. You and I and everybody worked VERY hard on that. What happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxo View Post
Also, is this backed up or will you be able to restore our labor and discussions if there's ever a server melt down?
Quote:
Originally Posted by technerd View Post
Of course.
Can you please at the very least send me the backup of the site so we don't lose our hundreds of cumulative hours all of us in here worked on this? Thank you.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:00 AM

NEED YOUR HELP STARTING OVER

Well, it's been over a half year since the moderator from hell wiped out our site, http://bbs.macrosonline.net/ So many of us donated a lot of our irreplaceable time and effort to help build the site and its content...then he steals the entire site away. I have emailed him so many times now with never a word back. Charming fellow indeed. What a lesson in people. Won't ever happen again.

WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE? I will put our shortcuts back online from my site. Discussion can simply be in here, the "Pro Tools Quickeys Headquarters and Trading Post" thread.

PLEASE, spend a few minutes doing a search on your drives for remnants from our old site...shortcuts and descriptions you made and compressed or anyone else's that you downloaded, please zip it all up in a folder and email it to me. Don't worry about duplicates or organizing etc, I will sort through it all again, organize it and post it…and keep it that way. New submissions welcome as well...they WILL be posted and kept posted.

I don't see customizable shortcuts being built in as a priority for Avid right now and I predict that we'll be with Quickeys for a rather long time, so you new effort will not be in vain.

PLEASE, JUST EMAIL ME ANYTHING YOU GUYS HAVE so our work was not wasted and we can help other newcomers and each other again.

Thanks for you help!

em ail:

st udio at mer cysou nd . c om
Old 05-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Avid

Hey relaxo - if you want to start a new thread with your last post, I'll sticky it - or I can just split out your last post as it's own thread, if that's easier.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:28 AM

TO QUICKEYS USERS - I haven't gotten a single response. Why so much interest last year and none now? Did you let our stolen site demoralize you...or just no more interest in trading Quickeys shortcuts?

To DigiTechSupt - Thanks for the offer, but there seems to be a total lack of interest now in trading Quickeys shortcuts. The members involved in making the great site last year that got destroyed are aware of this thread and are not responding...a discouraging sign. I can't do this alone and DUC member "technerd" who has ALL our material we submitted will not respond to my retrieval requests. Maybe you could you try to contact him...that might prove successful.

Regarding stickying a new Quickeys thread, I am still considering your offer based on the level of response I receive. "A sticky is for serious business only!"

TO QUICKEYS USERS subscribed to this thread - this is it for now...are you going to help revive the site now or not?

Please notify me here of your intention to send your previously submitted shortcuts or simply regather some of your favorites and send them to me.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:34 AM

I'm up for it, haven't had the time to mail you my shortcuts though. I will as soon as possible.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
TO QUICKEYS USERS - I haven't gotten a single response. Why so much interest last year and none now? Did you let our stolen site demoralize you...or just no more interest in trading Quickeys shortcuts?
I still think you should make it part of another site. Maybe at:

http://forums.startly.com/community/index.php

Maybe even here at the DUC.

Not sure that it deserves it's own forum.

I'm happy to share all my QK secrets BTW, but it's kind of a set them and forget them type thing. I don't change them all that often.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:

To DigiTechSupt - Thanks for the offer, but there seems to be a total lack of interest now in trading Quickeys shortcuts. The members involved in making the great site last year that got destroyed are aware of this thread and are not responding...a discouraging sign. I can't do this alone and DUC member "technerd" who has ALL our material we submitted will not respond to my retrieval requests. Maybe you could you try to contact him...that might prove successful.

Regarding stickying a new Quickeys thread, I am still considering your offer based on the level of response I receive. "A sticky is for serious business only!"

TO QUICKEYS USERS subscribed to this thread - this is it for now...are you going to help revive the site now or not?

Please notify me here of your intention to send your previously submitted shortcuts or simply regather some of your favorites and send them to me.
I was the one who contributed the most on that site, I also donated for website hosting, domain and web design template. I don't think that attacking technerd like that is the right thing to do.
Wasn't it him who took the initiative while you kept begging users to email their shortcuts to you? And wasn't this a dead end?

But there you go, people with good intentions get punished while others boast about their "hard work" they have put into this.

It may indeed be the total lack of interest that killed the site. What makes you think someone has "stolen your site"? Know anything we don't?

Anyway, you may overestimate the necessity of a dedicated site just in order to exchange QK stuff.
I for one did my best to contribute but the traffic over there was somewhat lame, IMHO and its all probably not worth the hassle.

Nevertheless I would be willing to help and would continue to contribute.

Oliver