Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2015, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Everything You Wanted to Know About 12.4 Track Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
Testing this and you have to use Alt-t-u to unfreeze.
Correct, as it uses the first letter in the file menu, which changes to show it's current state. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
I have hit a couple instances where I am editing inside a track and hitting alt is not selecting the menu. Cant find the exact repro though other than when in a track and using r and t in keyboard focus for instance, you have to click outside of the track to make it work.
Best to make it an AutoHotKey command, which is what I recently just did. It will be a toggle using one key command that way.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 12-22-2015, 12:36 PM

Adding Track Freeze and commit, especially in the way Avid executed this, is easily the single biggest feature ever be added to ProTools in the last 10 or 15 years. The benefits are obvious to VI guys and anyone who is HDX-cardless or with a low-power computer, yet this will absolutely dwarf Elastic Audio and even Clip-Gain as the feature that even engineers didn’t know they can’t live without. The possibilities are staggering to have Track Freeze and Commit in an application as solid and professional as Pro Tools. Yes Track Freeze was in Ableton, Logic, etc for years now, but Ableton and Logic are not the vehicle that Pro Tools is. The power of ProTools behind Track Freeze will make Avid’s Track Freeze more powerful than the other applications implementations. It's so much more powerful and so much more useful because of the other abilities that ProTools has that it almost becomes an all new feature and certainly one that is never been done before.

For songwriters, the major dilemma of the last 10 years has been “if only Logic had the professionalism and editing/mixing prowess of ProTools and if only ProTools had freeze track and the musicality of Logic. Now that’s cut in half...FREEZE IS DONE! Wow, huge huge huge hugest day!!

In regards to the design, layout and general ergonomics of Track Freeze (and Commit before this), I think the execution is excellent and clearly surpasses Logic’s implementation as a whole for me. I have been the peskiest guy on the Digidesign Users Conference from the early-mid 2000’s until when I heard about this finally coming. I am 500% happy with the way Avid has done Freeze Track and Commit. I can finally change my age-old signatures now.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxo View Post
For songwriters, the major dilemma of the last 10 years has been “if only Logic had the professionalism and editing/mixing prowess of ProTools and if only ProTools had freeze track and the musicality of Logic. Now that’s cut in half...FREEZE IS DONE! Wow, huge huge huge hugest day!!

In regards to the design, layout and general ergonomics of Track Freeze (and Commit before this), I think the execution is excellent and clearly surpasses Logic’s implementation as a whole for me. I have been the peskiest guy on the Digidesign Users Conference from the early-mid 2000’s until when I heard about this finally coming. I am 500% happy with the way Avid has done Freeze Track and Commit. I can finally change my age-old signatures now.
Yeah. They pulled it off. Good for Avid and us.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxo View Post
Agreed. I can finally use PT to compose (write songs, make beats), with this feature. Implementation has been easy to love.

memesounds.com