Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2016, 08:23 AM
Avid

Default Re: S6 v.2.3 feature wishlist

Greetings,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Missile View Post
Some things I'd like:

1. Enable us to Show and Make Active, or Hide and Make Inactive tracks from the surface, currently these don't seem to be available in Eucon. I have a composing template with layouts on the S6 where I can see my hidden and inactive tracks in layout view on the surface, but no current way to show and make active from the surface.

2. easier way to assign LARC style fader assignments in layouts for plugin parameters. Currently I can sort of do this in layout view by assigning multiple copies of a track to faders, then switching the parameters I need to the pan knobs and flipping the surface once. But I still have to manually flip the whole surface each time after entering layout. It would be great to have a quicker more elegant way to put a parameter on to a fader and have it instantly recall with the layout. Midi CC's would be very handy too.

3. Quick simple way to tap to assign any plugin parameter to any knob on the MAM. Working in blocks of 4 is a pain in the bum, and the layout of parameters in many plugins is so poorly laid out and confusing that I end up barely ever using the knobs on the MAM at all, because it's just not as fast as using the mouse. However if I could use a modifier to click on the plugin parameter, and then tap to instantly assign to any MAM knob then it would be brilliant. If it was that quick and easy I would use it all the time.

4. A way to assign the MAM or another part of the surface to a clip based workflow, including clip fx and clip gain.

Hide & Make Inactive is currently in EUCON and the appset. I agree on adding Show & Make Active and have already suggested the addition.

Custom Fader Mappings for Plug-ins is an incredibly important function currently missing on S6 that we are actively working on an intelligent implementation for in an upcoming release.

I agree that Clip Gain (perhaps wheel) and now Clip Effects workflows need to be added and they are currently being explored.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 10-07-2016, 04:00 PM

Thanks Jeff! Great to hear that Avid are on the same page!

I still think more needs to be made of the knobs and touch screen on the MAM. At the moment this is the least used section of my S6, mostly because the restriction of having banks of 4 parameters is just too limiting. The only thing that I routinely use the touchscreen for is panning (which is great), layout assignments, and adjusting settings on the S6. It would be great to be able to make more use of the knobs and touchscreen on the MAM, but it needs to be super quick and easy or else other workflows win.

Thanks for listening!

Cheers,

Steve

Creative Director - Red Note Visionary Sounds: http://rednote.com.au
Label: http://www.stereomissile.com/
Music Production / Mixing: http://www.stereomissile.com/musicproducer/
Mastering: http://www.stereomissile.com/mastering/
Old 10-08-2016, 05:42 AM

I totally forgot one of my biggest feature wishes:

To somehow put the curser on the pre roll counter, in Pro Tools, so I can change the length of the pre roll. I could do it on my old ICON. Ctrl-Option-Pre roll, if I remember correctly.
It would be really really nice to get that feature on the S6.

Last edited by amolin; 10-08-2016 at 06:00 AM.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:27 PM

Hi,

Just wondering: any auro/atmos or other immersive format panner to be implemented on the MTM touchscreen display? It would be really nice
-----
Old 10-11-2016, 06:28 PM
Avid

maybe ;-)

How would you like to see it work?
Old 10-13-2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
maybe ;-)

How would you like to see it work?
I Guess we could start with touchscreen panners as a natural extension of our actual panner. It could be a "render" of the dolby atmos panner plug-in or auro...

Then I believe a 3D viewer like the Dolby with moving balls and "speaker representation, would be nice.

Like I said one or two years ago, full representation or abstraction of plug-ins and it controls, including presets recall, changes etc... would be very nice.

Bussing monitoring?
And so on...
;-)
-----
Old 10-26-2016, 05:43 PM

- Avid Pro Compressor gain curve graph showing on MTM
- DMG Equality EQ curve showing on MTM
- Avid Pro Multiband Compressor gain reduction graph showing on MTM
- Somo sort of post page on MTM (see pict from s5) with buss info, and tracks, routing, pec/direct/rec status (also including users of CB PD 1)
- spill on console for multi-channel format tracks ( today I subscribe to the new neyrinck spill plug-in to do that)
- proper flip - be able to flip a full DNS ONE, or Neyrinck Spill. etc...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 24d_403c-full.jpg (40.2 KB, 0 views)
-----
Old 10-26-2016, 08:03 PM
Avid

Avid Pro Compressor is working fine here on MTM home page, and display modules in standard and expanded modes.

Yes, I was just playing with Spill as well. We definitely need to get a workflow implemented so you can quickly leverage this on S6 Fader modules.

Custom Plug-In Mapping is being worked on currently and is being prioritized as one of the next significant features.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 10-27-2016, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
Avid Pro Compressor is working fine here on MTM home page, and display modules in standard and expanded modes.

Jeff
Jeff, what is going wrong with mine? It doesn't make sense right?
I'm on mac os 10.10.5, s6 3.5 and 12.6 and plugins are uptodate.
I will do a video today and send it as message to you.
Best

Ps: I'm on M10.
-----
Old 10-27-2016, 03:38 AM

Also, when in Flip mode, adjusting the effect sends, the mute button is not affecting the send mute. Can you make it so in Flip it acts as the send mute?