Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2010, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Paid Structure Fix?!? Without Morals, Avid is Not Digidesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@ZooWest View Post

Just because Structure isn't made of actual bone and metal fragments doesn't mean we shouldn't hold Digi's feet to the fire on it.

If they choose to steal $49 from a handful of users, why is that ethically acceptable? If you think it's justified, you are not thinking clearly.
Try reading clearly exactly what I said... DAW and hardware
IF you pay the 49.00 they are not stealing.
You sound confused.... just because I do not agree with you does not mean that I am not thinking clearly... just differently. Chill
Old 03-26-2010, 11:35 AM

ups, DAW and hardware = $49 ?! Nice! We can still sell the hardware later as garbage and collect couple bucks, nice deal!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songman View Post
in my opinion at this point in time for the matter at hand for the amount of $ involved, many reactions in this thread tend to be out of proportion.
I believe the effort spent is not worth the price of upgrade but how cheaply ethics can be brought, yet a fix is what I need.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
The saddest thing about this.

They could have been heros.
That point passed in early 2007 when they let such an easy to fix (yet product-ruining for many) bug go unfixed for more than a month.

That's the other incredibly maddening component of the Structure mess. It would be such a relatively small programming task to fix that ASR bug that prevented EXS users (like me with over 200GB of expensive EXS collections) from using Structure for three years. Please help us to understand...why did it happen like this? It's surreal.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxo View Post
It would be such a relatively small programming task to fix that ASR bug, but yet prevented EXS users (like me with over 200GB of expensive EXS collections) from using Structure for three years. Please help me to understand...why did it happen like this? It's surreal. That's the other maddening part.
Totally agree. Why a Customer Service patch was not released has me bamboozled!
Old 03-26-2010, 12:18 PM

I think it would be great to get this kind of patch, but Digidesign never seem to make updates. I would even be happy to pay for a Drum Rehab update, but that never arrived.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin ice View Post
I think it would be great to get this kind of patch, but Digidesign never seem to make updates. I would even be happy to pay for a Drum Rehab update, but that never arrived.
Drum Rehab worked as shipped and for many years afterwards. It was developed by Trilliam Lane and not Digi and now many operating systems and PT updates later it could use a refresh. That Drum Rehab worked as expected and that most of us got our money out of it is not in question. The idea of updating Drum Rehab as an paid update has been tabled and the general consensus seems to be that most users would be willing to pay a modest fee to see it updated. But most users seem to feel that it was a useful tool all along. There in lies the difference.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 03-26-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxo View Post
That point passed in early 2007 when they let such an easy to fix (yet product-ruining for many) bug go unfixed for more than a month.

That's the other incredibly maddening component of the Structure mess. It would be such a relatively small programming task to fix that ASR bug that prevented EXS users (like me with over 200GB of expensive EXS collections) from using Structure for three years. Please help us to understand...why did it happen like this? It's surreal.
My point was the update would have been welcomed even if it was late. I suspect most user would have then opted to update their library to 1.1 for the 49.00 and there would be zero controversy.

I'm not saying it shoudn't have been fixed a long time ago - I'm just saying there would be couple of posts like "Damn you guys sure took your good old time with this" but everyone would have downloaded the patch, installed and then come back raving how great it was to have their EXS samples working.

We're on the same team here.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 03-26-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Drum Rehab worked as shipped and for many years afterwards.
Actually it didn't...and still doesn't. There are a few areas in it that definitely need fixing.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 03-26-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
My point was the update would have been welcomed even if it was late. I suspect most user would have then opted to update their library to 1.1 for the 49.00 and there would be zero controversy.
I agree. Better decision makers would have taken this path.