View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 10:31 AM
Avid

Default Allocating Parameters to Attention Knob Zones

[POPULATING ATTENTION KNOB ZONES]

Here's another tip - specifically for populating parameters into dedicated On Attention Knob Zones. Check out at the previous post for the detailed descriptions of the preferences that I've enabled to facilitate these behaviors.

(1) Basic Attentioning from the Channel Strip. My default preferences under Home > Local Options (gear) are set to favor EQ in Knob Zone 1 and Dyn in Knob Zone 2. If those are not available - go to Insert 2 parameters view for Knob Zone 1 or Sends for Knob Zone 2.

(2) After performing an Attention described in (1), from the Home page, touch a set of virtual knobs - such as Sends - then touch one of the encoders in either Knob Zone to quickly swap out the view. Sends is always a good one to start with since there is never a function plot associated with it and as such will take you to the All view assuming under Home > Local Options > Knob View = All Functions.

(3) Determine the Knob Zone to use for Attention interactions triggered from Pro Tools. Under Home > Display Knobs From Most Recently Clicked DAW Area I have it set to 2nd Expand Knob and Fader Modules. So - any clicks that are performed from Pro Tools - such as Sends or Pan will show those parameters within my 2nd Knob Zone (which is usually Dynamics).

Here's a video walking through these 3 methods:
Populating Knob Zones

Jeff
MTRX FAQ