View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 02:38 PM
Avid

Default Adding a Tethered Joystick Module

Let's explore the idea of adding a Master Joystick Module, not embedded within the console frame, but rather on a tether - so that it can move easily between different operators who feel the urge to Pan.

We'll start by simply adding to our S6 M40 16-5-D system, a Joystick Module. First, access Settings > Surface then touch Config to change the existing configuration. Augment the Width pop-up by 1 in order to add an additional module to your setup. I'm changing my existing console Width from 3 to 4. Touch Next. Swipe (from Right to Left) the Module Scroller at the top to expose more modules and combinations. Drag the single Panner module down into your newly created empty bucket. Touch Next. The S6 should illuminate all of the modules on the desk. Simply touch any touch-sensitive encoder or joystick on the Joystick Module. Touch Next. Touch Done to finish.

The Joystick Module needs to be supplied with a single ethernet connection in addition to a 12v mains feed. These can easily be wrapped into an appropriately long tether (heat shrink or other wrap) which is durable enough to withstand movement. The placement of the Joystick Module in the 4th bucket in our configuration is entirely arbitrary. The system knows there is a joystick which can easily be populated on attention.

I would encourage you to explore other solutions, script trays and widgets from the collection of partners that make S6 accessories. One excellent provider in particular is Frozen Fish Design which can be found here:
https://www.frozenfishdesign.co.uk/m...customisation/
MTRX FAQ