Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2010, 09:17 AM

Default PT8 with Native Instruments Kore Player - problematic

Hey guys,

I recently got Komplete 7 Elements and recently when trying to reopen a session I'd started, Pro Tools 8 would just completely freeze when activating the inserts. As it turns out, it really seems that the Kore Player that I was using as an insert is the problem (as I've read on another forum too). Does anyone else have this problem? It's really irritating and furthers my hatred of the Pro Tools/ Windows combination. This problem is nonexistent in OS X. Just as a side note, Pro Tools also ALWAYS starts up incredibly slowly on Windows (7 x64 if you're wondering) compared to the same exact install, with the same exact plugins on OS X Snow Leopard. It's infuriating because my Windows machine is much more powerful and also upgradable... my Macbook Pro is not obviously, nor is any Mac.

Anyway. My main concern right now is the (alleged) Kore incompatibility. I'd like to give you a Sandra report, but I'm not sure what test to run that will give you the info you need. Thanks for your help!
Old 09-29-2010, 11:51 AM

Default Re: PT8 with Native Instruments Kore Player - problematic

Help pretty please? :)
Old 09-29-2010, 12:57 PM

Check that it's updated.
when opening the session hold Shift to disable all plugins. That can really help with the big sessions that don't want to load right.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:13 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. However, it's fully updated. Also, I did hold Shift and it disabled them... but that cannot seriously be what I have to do every time...? This was a simple session, and even then I had at least a dozen inserts (reverb, EQ, Kore, etc). Reactivating them is not something that I should have to do every time I want to repoen a session.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:26 PM

Yeah whenever I open up kore on pt8, pt stops playing.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:00 AM

I run Koreplayer 2.1.2 on my q6600 XP pro PT/MP 8.0.4 and 3 CPU for RTAS with no problems.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:04 AM

Dang really? Can someone tell me how to configure a Sandra Report so I can at least list my specs? Thanks again!
Old 09-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onager1286 View Post
Hey guys,

I recently got Komplete 7 Elements and recently when trying to reopen a session I'd started, Pro Tools 8 would just completely freeze when activating the inserts. As it turns out, it really seems that the Kore Player that I was using as an insert is the problem (as I've read on another forum too). Does anyone else have this problem? It's really irritating and furthers my hatred of the Pro Tools/ Windows combination. This problem is nonexistent in OS X. Just as a side note, Pro Tools also ALWAYS starts up incredibly slowly on Windows (7 x64 if you're wondering) compared to the same exact install, with the same exact plugins on OS X Snow Leopard. It's infuriating because my Windows machine is much more powerful and also upgradable... my Macbook Pro is not obviously, nor is any Mac.

Anyway. My main concern right now is the (alleged) Kore incompatibility. I'd like to give you a Sandra report, but I'm not sure what test to run that will give you the info you need. Thanks for your help!
Have you done all the optimizations for Win 7 from the General Troubleshooting thread? Especially the 'run as administrator' one?
Old 09-30-2010, 09:01 PM

I have not, but I'll get back to you when I do. Why is it such a headache to configure this on Windows though? I used to think it was a bunch of crap when people said Macs are better for music creation, just ill-informed Apple sheep. But I gotta say, it does just work right with Pro Tools, no fiddling around necessary for the most part.

I feel like I'm the only one who notices the huge difference between platforms with the way Pro Tools behaves... or am I? Anyway thanks for the help, it's really appreciated. I'll get back to you guys when I run through some of these optimizations!
Old 10-19-2010, 02:47 PM

I have the same problem and it's doing my head in. It only happens when opening a saved session containing any of the Komplete 7 Elements plugins.

I'm running W7 32bit. I would really love a fix on this

It says AppCrash in module DAE.dll