Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2014, 12:48 PM

Default Clariphonics DSP and Pusher AAX 64 Friday!

Yes!

Got an email from Kush today saying:
This Friday, July 4, Kush will be releasing very stable, well-tested AAX public beta's for both the Clariphonic DSP and Pusher!

In truth, if we were Microsoft or Apple we'd release these as Final candidates, we've fixed all the bugs we were able to find. But our Pro Tools beta team is small and I'm paranoid, so we're taking the cautious route.

These beta's will run on the regular iLok license, so they'll never expire and you'll be able to use them until the final versions drop.

We take our time, but we do always get there in the end. Thanks for your incredible support!
Old 07-03-2014, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Clariphonics DSP and Pusher AAX 64 Friday!

Woo hoo!!!
Old 07-05-2014, 09:53 AM

Great News! Thanks for the post

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-07-2014, 10:16 AM

Anyone using the Clariphonic plug-in with a Command 8? I would like to get it this weekend on the cheep cheep, but in the demo version, all that comes up as controllable for me on my Command 8 is the "Master Bypass". My UBK-1 works fine, so I don't know if that's been overlooked in this latest Clariphonic version or what. Yes, I've e-mailed Kush Audio support, but in the meantime want to get some user feedback if there is any.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:32 AM

Another Clariphonic issue here.

On PTHD 8.2, HDX, Win 8.1...

The plug-in loses all setting and becomes as though bypassed whenever settings are changed. This requires inactivating and the reactivating the plug-in.

The other two plug-ins are fine in this respect.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 07-07-2014, 10:41 AM

FYI - PT 10 native (whatever the latest version is), OS 10.9.3. I will say this - there was a cryptic abbreviation on my Command 8's scribble strip for one of the parameters in the UBK-1, but Greg was quick to explain what was what. I have no doubt they will "fix" things that need fixing, but I don't know if something as old as a Command 8 would be a "need to fix" issue or more of a "no longer supported" thing. For me, I mix from my sweet spot with my Command 8 next to me, so I'd rather not have to bring my mouse over and squint at the plug-in GUI to see where the mouse pointer is just for this one plug-in.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale View Post
Anyone using the Clariphonic plug-in with a Command 8? I would like to get it this weekend on the cheep cheep, but in the demo version, all that comes up as controllable for me on my Command 8 is the "Master Bypass". My UBK-1 works fine, so I don't know if that's been overlooked in this latest Clariphonic version or what. Yes, I've e-mailed Kush Audio support, but in the meantime want to get some user feedback if there is any.

I wrote to KushAudio about this issue a year ago. they replied to get this fixed within the next update... have tried the beta AAX version now and are seeing the same issues as with the RTAS version a year ago... no parameters are controllable by nor mappable within the command8. disappointing!
Old 07-08-2014, 05:29 PM

Disappointing response from Greg: "We absolutely intend to set up PT controller hooks and labels, but it may not happen for a while depending on how other aspects of development unfold."

If I had known that it may not happen for a while, I wouldn't have bothered if it's going to be my only plug-in like that.