Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2004, 10:48 AM

Default Import multiple OMF projects.

I'm trying to do something on a PT LE 6.4 system that seems unduly difficult. I'm tracklaying a trailer with sections taken from an movie which is in 2 parts. I have OMF's for the two parts and have started with an OMF import of the 3 min trailer. How do I import sections from the other 2 parts of the main movie. It would appear that 'import session data' would be the option to choose, but PT LE 6.4 won't allow me to import to 'selected tracks'. How would this be done on a TDM system?. It's easy on a Fairlight and even Nuendo allows you to open multiple sessions and drag and drop.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Import multiple OMF projects.

Dave,

I have had success importing multiple OMFs when I extract each into its own PT File.
Once each OMF is in a PT file you can use the track import function in PT and create a master session with all the data.

Hope this helps,
Cobain
Old 09-27-2004, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Import multiple OMF projects.

Quote:
I'm trying to do something on a PT LE 6.4 system that seems unduly difficult. I'm tracklaying a trailer with sections taken from an movie which is in 2 parts. I have OMF's for the two parts and have started with an OMF import of the 3 min trailer. How do I import sections from the other 2 parts of the main movie. It would appear that 'import session data' would be the option to choose, but PT LE 6.4 won't allow me to import to 'selected tracks'. How would this be done on a TDM system?. It's easy on a Fairlight and even Nuendo allows you to open multiple sessions and drag and drop.
David...

When I have to do this... I create the session... import the first OMF as per normal - creating new tracks. Import the second OMF again creating new tracks... move all your audio up from the new tracks to the old tracks (assuming the track naming and numbering conventions remain the same)-creating temporary groups can help. Delete the now empty new tracks... Repeat as needed. IMHO this is a MAJOR PAIN, but it is the only way I have found to do it.

Howard Sonnenburg
Atomic Audio
Ottawa, ON
Canada