Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 10:32 AM

Default how do I copy the mixer settings to another project?

hi all... first of all, I will say that I've been an avid cubase user for a long time, and recently I've been employed to engineer at a studio so I've had to dust off my protools skills. Ok, so I've got this project I'm mixing. I didn't record it, I'm just mixing it. I did a main mix on one of the 16 songs, and it came out good. Now I want to apply that mix to the other 15 projects (songs). Is there an easy way to do that in protools LE 6.7? I could have had this done in a second if I was running cubase, but hey, I gotta learn this [bleep].\

another thing... how the hell do I ungroup mix groups??? this is driving me crazy!!

-joe
Old 04-02-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Re: how do I copy the mixer settings to another project?

Not shure about the mixer settings but for ungrouping, just go to the edit groups window on the bottom left
of the edit window. Here you can activate or deactivate your created groups by simnply clicking the name.
Blue Background = Activated, Grey = Deactivated. Shift + Command + G activate or deactivate all Groups.
Hope this will help you. I am also interrested in that mixer settings thing.

cheers tilman
Old 04-02-2007, 02:14 PM

I was just reading up on this last night...
See Importing Tracks and Track Attributes in PT Reference Guide, V7.0 p. 124.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Space Cabin Audio

Quote:
hi all... first of all, I will say that I've been an avid cubase user for a long time, and recently I've been employed to engineer at a studio so I've had to dust off my protools skills. Ok, so I've got this project I'm mixing. I didn't record it, I'm just mixing it. I did a main mix on one of the 16 songs, and it came out good. Now I want to apply that mix to the other 15 projects (songs). Is there an easy way to do that in protools LE 6.7? I could have had this done in a second if I was running cubase, but hey, I gotta learn this [bleep].\

another thing... how the hell do I ungroup mix groups??? this is driving me crazy!!

-joe
hahahahahahahahahhahhahaha
Major PITA
Look up Import session data
Although the easiest way is to make a template and import your tracks into it.

Kris
May the music move you