Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Couple small problems with PT...help

1. I can't get my drum machine beat (used for click track) to return to "0" with hitting the space bar but must mouse click on the "back to beginning button" to get my full beat to be heard when starting.

2. In Manual tempo mode, when I open the session the tempo is different and I must reset it to the tempo of the session.

Anyone else or has this been covered in my absence here...should I have read the manual?

Keith
Old 08-20-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Couple small problems with 6.9...maybe?

bump

no one
Old 08-21-2005, 11:35 AM

Hey, Keith if you slect the tempo change the wrong way it can change the start point of the song.
Are you selected the "+" sign beside tempo selector or clicking the tempo rulerabove the edit window?
It should be from the "+" sign beside tempo selector, I have seen the ruler change the start of song. It doesn't really look visable but the change is present.
I hope I made enough sense for you to understand what I am talking about.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:24 PM

Hey Big A, I am changing the tempo by highlighting the tempo in the Transport window, typing in No., and then Enter

maybe this is not best way to do so...
Old 08-21-2005, 03:57 PM

All I know is I had the problem you described and it was caused by something I did while selecting time in the time line, it changed the reference point for the start of the song.
Not sure how I caused it to happen.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:23 PM

Digi, Rail, someone?

I have exhausted all my PT knowledge here and I can't seem to get my drum beat to start at "0".

I have midi'ed in an Alesis SR-16 Drum machine into 002r midi port 1. The audio is into instrument inputs 3&4. All is connected correctly and working fine, the drum mach. is only for a bearable "click" track. It's sounding though a stereo Aux track. Tempo now is not manual but entered as 110 bpm in the Midi/Constant window. Upon hitting the space bar, it starts fine with a double kik and so on. Now here is the problem. Upon hitting the space bar again and stopping the beat(song), it stops and returns to the beginning (supposedly). Hitting the space bar again and starting the tune, it smears inaudibly the first 2 kiks in that pattern. Stop again, mouse click either one of the back buttons and it plays fine. HELP, what am I overlooking- I've been through the SR-16 and majority of PT windows looking for anything...
Old 08-22-2005, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Couple small problems with PT...help

If you are starting your sequence at bar '0', then that is mostly likely causing the problem. Always start your sequence at bar 3 - leave 2 bars empty. For some strange reason, some midi instruments have problems starting right at the very beginning without causing a glitch.