Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2008, 12:15 PM

Default DMP3 > RNC > ProjectMix wiring / cabling question

Hi guys, quick question. I have a M-Audio DMP3 preamp and a FMR RNC compressor that I want to send into the ProjectMix. I'm just wandering what cabling I should use (unbalanced/balanced, etc). I will use XLR from the Mic to the DMP3, but then what? I know the DMP3 manual says the outputs can be unbalanced or balanced, and then the projectmix's manual says that the 1/4" line inputs are balanced, but the RNC in the middle is where I'm confused. From what I've read, it seems that the RNC likes unbalanced ins/outs... So does anyone have any ideas about how to wire these up? thanks,

Also, if anyone knows the proper way to set optimal levels without clipping with this setup, I would be grateful.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:34 AM

Default Re: DMP3 > RNC > ProjectMix wiring / cabling question

bump