Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2010, 07:26 AM

Default Re: PT9, ASIO issue on Windows 7, w Focusrite Saffire 56

HEY, I am having the same ERROR message everytime i try to use my Focusrite saffire pro 40 with PT9 and really do not know what to do. i tried disabling my wirless internet card but that did not work.
however i have not try uninstalling everything and starting over (and i do have some mbox2 drivers and stuff that i could get rid of). so i'll try that and reply if it worked or not, but it really does not seem likely at this point so i was wondering if anyone had any other advice.
all responses appriciated
THANKS!

windows 7 64 bit. hp dv7 laptop
Old 01-10-2011, 10:46 PM

Anybody ever figure something out about this ^^^^? Im havin exact same problems
Old 01-22-2011, 09:59 AM

Unhappy Re: PT9, ASIO issue on Windows 7, w Focusrite Saffire 56

Hey guys just to say having exactly the same with Saffire 40 and PT9 on Win7-64. It closes after a few minutes saying the ASIO has been changed by the device...please save a reload PT.

Tried a few things but still happening and a bit random.

Having the Focusrite Mix App open def makes it worse, also the Saffire wants to run a 44k not 48k. If you make the PT session 48K then the Saffire responds correctly but then forgets.

2 solutions I guess, either stop Saffire changing the settings on the fly or stop PT from detecting it?

Maybe wrong but maybe theres a good fix on the way?

Cheers
Old 01-25-2011, 03:23 PM

I'm happy to report, I no longer have to disable my Wireless network card to run PT9 and the Liquid Saffire 56. I installed the latest Pro Tools update to 9.0.1 and just tested it without disabling the card. It works!!

Maybe other issues were resolved as well. If you're having issues, try updating PT to the latest release.

Looking forward to the new MixControl from Focusrite whenever that is ready.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:00 PM

I'm having the same issue and have already updated to Pro Tools 9.0.1, also updated Mix Control to 2.3b1 (2.2 wouldn't work so Focusrite told me to try the new beta).
Has anyone else resolved this issue? This is super frustrating as I bought the Saffire and Pro Tools 9 together as a bundle. wtf?
Old 03-08-2011, 02:02 PM

I am having all the same problems as above. If you look through all the posts it seems to me that it must be a PT problem. People have the same issue with Mackie hardware, Presonus and others. I am running V 9.01 with an Allen & Heath ZR16. The PC has no wireless card and is not networked but the issues seem the same. I am now resigned to restarting PT 9.01 several times with every new session because of the ASIO issue. It is a real pain having spent all that money on PT9.01 and the CPTK. I am hoping that AVID release a fix soon or I will go back to using Cubase 5 that runs flawlessly.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:40 PM

I'm having the same problem too. Did a clean install of Windows 7 64, Liquid 56 driver 2.2 and PT 9.0.1. After a few minutes getting the message that ASIO driver properties have been changed and I have to restart PT. Just downloaded version 9.0.2. I'm gonna try this this weekend and I hope this will solve my problems.
For the time being I installed Reaper and all works rock solid. The Liquid 56 still is a great machine. Hope it will work with PT9 real soon.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:23 PM

Here are the latest drivers,

http://beta.focusrite.com/releases/saffire_mix_control/

I have had this issue and what I have done is to make sure that I remember what my session is setup for, before I launch it. You need to have the Mix Control open. I have several saved setups for the Mix Control and I make sure that I am using the correct setup before launching PT.

It has already been said that this issue is shared with many units and PT9. I would look for an update in the near future from Avid.

I have all my sessions at 48/24 but I like to adjust the latency for tracking and mixing. I sometimes go through reboots and restarts and land on my feet eventually. Other times everything works as planned.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:46 PM

I've tried the new beta driver of Focusrite too, but it made no difference for me. I read on this forum that there are a lot of people with this kind of problem (with different units).
I did not see any reaction of AVID that this is on there list to solve. So I hope this got there attention. For the moment I can't work with this system, because it's nog reliable enough. I don't wanna get the ASIO message right in the middle of a take.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:19 AM

I've had some luck using the ASIO4ALL driver instead of the focusrite one. So far, it's been stable and I haven't had any issues. Unfortunately, the asio4all driver doesn't allow me to use the adat/spdif inputs/outputs but it's a small sacrifice for system stability.

Hope that helps.