How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2012, 02:32 PM

Default Problem importing OMF and PTF/X files into the same session

Hi guys,

i just wanna inform about the bug (or confirm it)

when you import session from OMF file into Pro Tools and then import another session PTF/PTX into the same session, PTF/X session is misplaced. however if you do it the other way around so import OMF file into PTX session it works.

I tried importing sessions to my template for mixing, from 2 different studios, 1 was OMF (cubase) file the other was PTF (8.0.3) session and each time i had the same issue, PT session was misplaced. I'm not sure if i can report it as a bug but it seems a bug to me.

Anybody experienced issues with OMF and PTF/X files imported into same session?
Old 12-06-2012, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Problem importing OMF and PTF/X files into the same session

From what I read Cubase doesnt support the correct Session data version (OMF V2 or something like that), so the data will not be able to import correctly to Pro Tools...

Maybe someone else that has personal experience can chime in though
Old 12-06-2012, 04:36 PM

Could you define what you mean by misplaced? Onto the wrong tracks, wrong media, wrong time location?

Do this on a fairly regular basis and have seen some random things but all of them came down to my settings or a corrupt OMF.

From what you've said I'm going to take a swing at the Pro Tools import being placed an hour down the timeline or something like that in which case the magic formula will be in the top right portion of the Import Session Data window.
Mix Tech/Assistant Sound Editor
Old 12-06-2012, 09:13 PM

thanks for replies, yes the file location is misplaced, usually by few bars, however some files stay on place, other don't. OMF files are on place tho, it's the PTF files are misplaced, only if the PTF session is imported to the session after OMF file was imported.