Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2015, 11:26 PM

Default VCA Spill and eucon 3.3 on artist series controllers

Base on what I've been reading VCA spill only works on the S3...what an absolute shame... I was really hoping avid would get that together on the Artist Series controllers! I'm wondering if the move was intentional? Seeing how AVID have a history of crippling legacy controllers or at least not implementing protocol for legacy controllers...who's to say this isn't the case with the artist series... Let's face it folks...the surround panner doesn't work properly on the MC Control unit and yet they blatantly advertise the feature on their website!

Something just occurred to me , maybe I'm completely nuts ...but When I consider that the legacy Edit Pack panners aren't square but circular in nature and work flawlessly in protools 10 HD and lower how is it that the circular panner in the MC control is so messed up!? WhoKnows....
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007185/
coryrizos.com

Last edited by Cryos; 08-17-2015 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:57 AM

Default Re: VCA Spill and eucon 3.3 on artist series controllers

Nope.....I think AVID think about only the money and the business, I think that they don't care users and I think that cause millions of suggestions and forums are opened about artist series with a LOT of functions possibilities but they never care! Avid series virtually can works equal to S3 but obviously they want You buy an S3 so your Artist series must remain with less features. That's it. They care only money. No services.
EuCon 4.17.2.121
Eucontrol 2023.11.0.121
Old 09-25-2015, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
Base on what I've been reading VCA spill only works on the S3...what an absolute shame... I was really hoping avid would get that together on the Artist Series controllers! I'm wondering if the move was intentional? Seeing how AVID have a history of crippling legacy controllers or at least not implementing protocol for legacy controllers...who's to say this isn't the case with the artist series... Let's face it folks...the surround panner doesn't work properly on the MC Control unit and yet they blatantly advertise the feature on their website!

Something just occurred to me , maybe I'm completely nuts ...but When I consider that the legacy Edit Pack panners aren't square but circular in nature and work flawlessly in protools 10 HD and lower how is it that the circular panner in the MC control is so messed up!? WhoKnows....
Agreed! With one exception ... Artist Mix & Control are NOT legacy products, they are still sold today, hell I only bought mine in May this year! :)
Mac Pro 2x2.8 ghz Intel Zeon, 20 gig ram, Yosemite 10.10.5, Pro Tools 10,11,12.7.1, Logic Pro X 10.2, UA Apollo 16 quad, UA Octo Pcies, Dangerous Music 2 Bus, Antelope Audio Satori, Lynx Studio Hilo, Neve 542, Neve 511, API 505 DI, Bettermaker CV502. Avid Artist Mix, Avid Artist Control, Softube Console 1 mk11.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:36 AM

Avid sucks!!!
EuCon 4.17.2.121
Eucontrol 2023.11.0.121