Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2008, 10:32 PM

Talking Control 24 schematic diagram anyone?

I need to modify the front end of my Control 24 so the Line switch actually chooses a padded Mic input. In my application in the remote recording field, the great majority of stage signals are at near-line level. The unpadded mic pre is almost unusable which is too bad because I like its sound.

If I don't get dox, I'll just have to reverse engineer it and the time is a problem. If anyone from Digi can provide this, I will be happy to share the drawings and documentation of my work with you. I plan to use the front panel Line selection and LED to reconfigure the first stage gain and or pad before it as nec.

Thanks

Peter J. Yianilos
Artisan Recorders Mobile
Old 12-16-2011, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Control 24 schematic diagram anyone?

Well, not to oversimplify, but why not build H-pads into XLRF-M cylinder connectors and insert them at the front end...between your source snake's XLR M connector and the XLR F inputs on the back plane of the console?

If you use high quality components, precision resistors and build the pads correctly and you should have no problem attenuating signals to any desired level without introducing any appreciable sonic anomalies.

That'd be easy enough to do, and you'd never have to even crack open the box.

Personally, I keep a few passive attenuators around all the time, for just this kind of issue.