Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2014, 10:39 PM

Default Waves Renaissance Plugs and incorrect ADC?

I just wanted to throw up a quick question regarding a problem I'm pretty sure I had seen before with Waves' Renaissance plugins reporting the wrong latency. I can't seem to find any information on it now though.

I am currently in the middle of a project right now that requires a lot of printing audio tracks from effects sends and a lot of vocal tuning. I noticed that the groove and sound of some of the tracks weren't quite right so went through a lot of testing (null testing, counting samples, etc.) and I've seemed to find that Waves' R DeEsser is causing the problem in my sessions. If I turn all instances of it off...everything sounds better and my audio prints null test against the originals. I also found that if I manually compensate the original audio back by 64 samples (which is the amount the plugin is reporting to PT) it also solves the problem. So it appears that the RdeEsser plugin is reporting 64 samples of latency, but not actually causing any latency with it's processing...??? I really don't want to manually adjust the tracks in these sessions since most of them have 100+ tracks.

Is this a known issue that Waves has fixed with an update?
Old 06-23-2014, 07:23 PM

Question Re: Waves Renaissance Plugs and incorrect ADC?

Are you still using Pro Tools v8.1? Which version of WAVES are you using? You could use the Time Adjuster plug-in instead of slipping audio around.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Waves Renaissance Plugs and incorrect ADC?

Lol...yes, still using PT HD 8.1.1. The Waves Bundle is ver 7.0

I'm definitely looking at upgrading now (for multiple reasons.) Thanks for the tip with the Time Adjuster plug too. That will work nice in the meantime since I can drag and drop to each track. I had been manually adjusting the delay comp on each audio track as needed.

I'm still curious to know if it's a known issue though. It would be nice to just update the Waves plugs with WUP...(I really should anyway.)
Old 06-26-2014, 02:41 PM

Arrow Re: Waves Renaissance Plugs and incorrect ADC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fix View Post

I'm still curious to know if it's a known issue though.
If you have WUP, you can ask WAVES about it.