Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2009, 11:44 PM

Default Control Key Brings Up Pencil Tool

I'm a newb to PT (3 months now) and have recently encountered a problem with my "Control Key" and right click functions.

Up until now all was well and I was able to access the "right option menu functions(separate, copy, etc)" by either right clicking(which is set to "Secondary Click") or control key-clicking in the track regions
But, recently whenever I hit my "control key" or right click I get either the Pencil Tool on MIDI tracks or a Scrub tool on Audio tracks.

I believe that I may have inadvertently toggled into some kind of funky keyboard edit mode or something.
Does anyone have a possible tip or suggestion as to what maybe I'm doing wrong.
It would be greatly appreciated.....not being able to access the secondary option menus with my right click is bugging me.

Once again, I'm a newb to PT(although not new to DAWs or recording).

Me gear/computer/RAM/CPU details should be in my profile signature below.

Thanks In Advance,
Eric

P.S. Just realized I forgot to put my OS in my sig. Latest OSX Leopard.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Option Key Brings Up Pencil Tool

My bad.........thought that the "System Details" that I filled out upon regsistration would be a signature when posting.

Here's an overview of my config.

iMac 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Digi 003 Factory
PTLE 8.0
MPK 2
(2)OWC Mercury-Elite 750GB Hard Drives (1 for Audio, 1 for VI & Samples)
Old 07-16-2009, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Control Key Brings Up Pencil Tool

Nothing is wrong, it's the smart tool.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Control Key Brings Up Pencil Tool

Thanks Felix, your quick response is appreciated.

Although I had initially turned off the Smart Tool during my initial troubleshooting and before my 1st post, after reading your response I decided to try and deactivate the Smart Tool again to see if just maybe I missed something last night.
Unfortunately, I'm still unable to access the "right click menus" in any individual tool mode by either right clicking or control-click.

Just a run down on how "right click" and "control-click" is perfoming under each tool:
Zoom-neither right click nor CTL do anything(except CTL+Click, which moves the regions around)
Trimmer-same as Zoom
Selector-RC and CTL bring up Scrub Tool
Scrub-same Zoom and Trimmer
Pencil-same as Zoom and the others

Under the"Smart Tool" R/C and CTL bring up Pencil(MIDI Track) or Scrubber Tool(Audio Track). as I stated in the initial post.

Maybe, I'm getting it wrong and everything is working as it should. But, I know I'm not crazy and that I've had no problem using the "right click menus" these last 3 months until yesterday when I went to expand playlists on a track and only was able to get the Scrubber Tool or Pencil Tool.

I've hit the Reference Guide and searched several of my trusty message boards, which normally does the trick(DUC being the best, of course). However this one little silly thing has got me SNAFU'd!!!
I love my right click menu....what can I say!!!

Could somebody tell me if I'm either doing something wrong or misunderstanding how the right click menus are accessed.

Thanks again,
Eric

P.S. See specs in earlier post.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:17 AM

Default Re: PRODUCT KEY

i just install again digi 001 5.1 i know its old but it works for me , its asking me to type in product key when a start it wont let me type numbers only letters anybody know why?

Last edited by BADBOYJOE; 07-17-2009 at 08:21 AM. Reason: wrong spot