Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2007, 10:05 PM

Default PLUGINS problem - paid for factory plugins, DON\"T WORK!!

Sorry for the all caps, but I'm at my wits end. I paid a small fortune for my new setup, which includes Mbox 2 Pro Factory Bundle. My ilok is worthless and doesn't register my bombfactory plugins, which are the best part of the factory bundle.

When I try to authorize the software when I start protools, it says the ilok doesn't have the authorization even though that's the iloks only purpose!!! Why won't it work? Then it takes me through this "challenge," of which there isn't a single mention in any of the documentation I've received with my hardware and software. Plus, I've gone to the ilok website, which didn't offer any useful information.

The background is that I first downloaded the plugins off the wrong cd (for intel based macs) and so I completely uninstalled and re-installed protools and then downloaded the plugins from the "PAID plugins folder." Now I just get a zillion popups for plugin authorizations, none of which are included on my ilok!

Any help would be much appreciated . . . I'm about ready to throw my new Mac Pro through the window.

Oh . . . my specs:

Mac Pro 2 X 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
4 GB RAM
OS X 10.4.9
Protools LE 7.3
OS X 10.4.9