Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 07:36 PM

Default I saw Pro Tools 7 in action today @ guitar center

Firstly let me apologize to those i've irritated over the ILOK issue; I'm no longer participating in any subject regarding ILOK.

I arrived late but was able to catch beat detective in action (why have i been using pro tools for 3 weeks and overlooking this?) I'm going to live eat and sleep learning this tool.

I can only report on what I was able to catch; They were explaining midi regions when I came in but I came in at the tail end what I did see:
(rex file, apple loops, acid loop support)
Wicked! This was my main purpose in attending. PTLE 7 recognizes all info just as the proprietary programs for each loop library does.
The showstopper for me was when he used digibase to audition rex files (just like reason 3.0) and then import it into the project. I shouted "does it recognize the attack points in a rex file?" He replied "sure it does" and ungrouped the rex file and bam all the slices were there for you to move around and go bananas! I kid you not when I tell you I couldn't stay in my seat after seeing this.

For the short time I spent there; I must say hats off to the digidesign crew, the weather was bad, the space was tight and they handled the barrage of questions about dvd tutorials, upgrades, Pc and mac issues and............... uhmmmm hmmmm; my favorite issue came up (ILOK) and I just sat in the chair and bit my tongue (because in all fairness Pro Tools 7 is really quite amazing)

I will say this; after what I saw today; I'm definitley converted and I'll be more of a help around here (@ DUC) than a nuisance.

I'm off to study the innards of beat detective. I can see little bits of matrix code already when I cut up the next project! I was doing things the hard way and wasn't enjoying editing too much in pro tools (the commands are slowly becoming second nature)
I'd love to see a pitch bend effect (audio) with the ability to draw your own curves (this will help me stay within the digi environment; I have to do this in sound forge at the moment and on the pc You can't use two programs with the digi drive.

Peace and Well Wishes