Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2013, 07:33 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack GUI in PT11

Ah because the Eleven Rack team was cast to the wind and are not at Avid any more. Avid has lost a lot of staff and been and are still going through serious financial problems. It is pretty amazing they have shipped HD Native, HDX, developed AAX, shipped PT 10 and 11 and been able to do as much there as they have and support Pro Tools as well as they have. The Eleven Rack is a neat, low cost product, I would not spend any time stressing over much ever happening to it in future, if the GUI eventually gets supported like Avid promised in AAX-64/PT 11 then great. If you want a guitar processor with great vendor support and frequent updates and ability to interact with the vendor/developers then there are clearly better choices out there like the Axe-FX II.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I would not spend any time stressing over much ever happening to it in future, if the GUI eventually gets supported like Avid promised in AAX-64/PT 11 then great. If you want a guitar processor with great vendor support and frequent updates and ability to interact with the vendor/developers then there are clearly better choices out there like the Axe-FX II.
Hear that all of you Eleven Rack owners!

Think of the hassle saved, if the thousands of us would have read this first. Damn.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam C View Post
Hear that all of you Eleven Rack owners!

Think of the hassle saved, if the thousands of us would have read this first. Damn.
Well you seemed to be confused why not a lot is happening, when the development and product team has long since left the building. Avid can being in a contract or similar developer and given enough time they can port the RTAS GUI over to AAX-64 which is what I suspect is happening (e.g. somebody in India grinding their way through porting the GUI). I own an Eleven Rack and would buy another one, they are bargain basement priced but very good, but as far as I'm concerned its a pretty dead product. Buy it for what it offers today, anything else will be a nice surprise.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
For now you need to stick with Pro Tools 10 if you want to use the on-screen editor.

Avid has said in the past that they are aware of the issue with Pro Tools 11.

From what I have heard the Eleven Rack team would like to find a solution. Other than that, Avid will not say anything publicly.
Is there even an 11R team at Avid anymore? First Sean left and I think The Chimp is gone as well.

QAPLA!
Old 12-20-2013, 01:22 PM

I agree, it's a good product and eventually it would be discontinued anyway.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Well you seemed to be confused why not a lot is happening, when the development and product team has long since left the building. Avid can being in a contract or similar developer and given enough time they can port the RTAS GUI over to AAX-64 which is what I suspect is happening (e.g. somebody in India grinding their way through porting the GUI). I own an Eleven Rack and would buy another one, they are bargain basement priced but very good, but as far as I'm concerned its a pretty dead product. Buy it for what it offers today, anything else will be a nice surprise.
+1

When buying a software company like Digidisign, if you don't respect shareholders, employees, developpers and by the way .. clients , you finally purchase an empty shell ... even if you company is named Avid.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
People that purchased this in the last few years have every right to expect something in return. Of course, you don't always get treated like you want.

I'm not even slightly confused. But I will be disappointed if Avid can't manage something as simple as a GUI interface.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Is there even an 11R team at Avid anymore? First Sean left and I think The Chimp is gone as well.
I think Sean Halley was only peripherally involved with the Eleven Rack, he did those great promo videos but also described how they were done very spur of the moment.

The core architect of the Eleven plugin and Eleven Rack was Chris Townsend, and he left Avid a long time ago and set himself us a consultant. Ideally he would be consulting to Avid...

The Eleven Rack product manager was Hiro Shimozato, he left in sale of parts of Avid to InMusic and has apparently moved on from there.

The Chimp was around here talking about the product not being dead, but he's been very quiet since, not sure if he is still at Avid or not.

And now its been years since the expansion pack and no architect/lead developer and no product manager. That's pretty much my definition of a dead product--but hey I'd love to be wrong. Avid can keep selling them for as long as they can (and with the Pro Tools bundle it is a great deal) but without a clear commitment to ongoing development I would assume the Eleven Rack just does not have a long term future.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:00 PM

I think it's a screwed mentality on the user base. The product is as advertised and it was never guaranteed to do anything more as far as expansions or support. Any competent user can research their own information and decide if the daw included is up to snuff with what they need.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelco83 View Post
I think it's a screwed mentality on the user base. The product is as advertised and it was never guaranteed to do anything more as far as expansions or support. Any competent user can research their own information and decide if the daw included is up to snuff with what they need.
It never stated, "beware, when we upgrade PT we might exclude the GUI."
I think that might be more "screwed" then the user base wanting the GUI to continue right along with PT.