Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 08:13 AM

Default \"Not Enough Space allocated for recording.\"

When I arm any track for recording and try to record, I get an error message with no number that reads "Not enough space allocated for recording." The drive I am recording to has over 100gb free. In the workspace it is listed as a record drive. I have repaired disk permissions, re-installed Pro Tools, run the prebinding script and nothing seems to work. I need to be recording today, can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Buster1

Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz 2G RAM
OSX 10.4.9
Mbox
Pro Tools 7.3.1

Old 08-11-2007, 09:39 AM

Default audio record volume

i am sure i am in the same boat as everyone else that can not figure this out. i can not get the 'R' in the right workspace cell and every time i try to start a new session i receive a dialog box that says 'Session must be on an audio record volume' can anyone please help??

i am running
MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB RAM
OS X 10.4.10
Pro Tools 6.9.2

Rich Emery
Old 08-13-2007, 08:22 AM

Default Re: Audio Record or Playback Volume Error Info

I ve got the same message with my 002 and mac mini or imac Intel. Have you got ny suggestion?

Many thanks
Emilio
Old 08-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Avid

Quote:
I cannot change the external to record. It wont let me. This truly sucks because I just bought the 003 Rack Factory and a mackie control universal and a brand new 17inch macbook pro and this is very disappointing. Anyone know how to remedy this?

EDIT: To clarify when I try to change it is says that my Mybook 320 external drive is not a valid audio volume. This is a good external too because it can connect with firewire 400,800 and usb 2.0.

What's going on?
Have you tried all the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting thread yet?

You may want to look at the Help us help you thread as well.

In other words - we need a LOT more info, like OS version, Pro Tools version and a list of any troubleshooting steps you've taken.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Avid

Default Re: \"Not Enough Space allocated for recording.\"

Quote:

When I arm any track for recording and try to record, I get an error message with no number that reads "Not enough space allocated for recording." The drive I am recording to has over 100gb free. In the workspace it is listed as a record drive. I have repaired disk permissions, re-installed Pro Tools, run the prebinding script and nothing seems to work. I need to be recording today, can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Buster1

Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz 2G RAM
OSX 10.4.9
Mbox
Pro Tools 7.3.1

Have you tried trashing preferences? What happens if you try recording to a different drive? Did this work at any point? Have you tried backing up and reformatting the drive you're trying to record to?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:04 AM
Avid

Quote:
I ve got the same message with my 002 and mac mini or imac Intel. Have you got ny suggestion?

Many thanks
Emilio
Which Pro Tools version are you running? Which OS version? What type of drive are you using?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Avid

Default Re: audio record volume

Quote:
i am sure i am in the same boat as everyone else that can not figure this out. i can not get the 'R' in the right workspace cell and every time i try to start a new session i receive a dialog box that says 'Session must be on an audio record volume' can anyone please help??

i am running
MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB RAM
OS X 10.4.10
Pro Tools 6.9.2

Rich Emery
What type of drive are you using? Have you tried a different drive? Was the drive formatted using the OS X Disk Utility?
Old 08-15-2007, 07:34 PM

Default Re: audio record volume

my drive is my main drive for my laptop
i dont have a second drive

my drive info
149.1 GB Haitachi HTS541616J9SA00 Media
format Mac OS Extended (journaled)
84 GB free space
Old 08-29-2007, 03:02 PM

I purchased a Maxtor 320 gig external drive and I am getting the same DAE 6085 error.
am using PT 6.4 om panther 10.3.9
Did you ever figure out how to solve that issue?

shredder48

Old 09-16-2007, 08:45 PM

hello Pro Tools LE Gurus:

I posted this in a thread, but was advised to bring it here. Please excuse the breach of etiquette!

I am running an original mbox on a G4, recording to an external hard drive. ( Pro Tools 6.9.2, OSX 10.4.1) We've been recording pre-production for our band's new project without a hitch really. I came in this morning, laid down some vocals without a problem, and then came back tonight to finish off a few more songs. However, when i tried to load up a session tonight I began to get error messages, it says:

'The original disk allocation for this session cannot be used. One or more drives could not be found or are invalid for this session. As a result, disk allocation has been modified. would you like to verify the new disc allocation?'

If I click no, it shows me a semi-empty pro tools session. All my regions are there, but there is no recorded data in any of them. If I go to my external hard drive and look in the audio files folder, all my tracks are there though. Then it tells me that "x" number "of audio files are on volumes unsuitable for playback, would you like to copy them to a suitable volume". If I click "yes" and tell it to put the files on my external hard drive it tells me that the drive isn't "record enabled". I haven't tried anything else here because I don't want to have any of my files deleted.

If I select "check allocation" from this first error message, it shows me that pro tools is looking for my files on the internal hard drive. However, if I try to change the allocation to my external hard drive, it won't let me saying that the drive is not an audio playback enabled drive. That's odd, it was a few hours ago.

please, someone help! we've worked a long time on these sessions and i am sick at the thought of losing them.

Is it a simple as backing up the data on my external drive to my computer's hard drive, reformatting the external drive with the proper labels, and then reloading the external hard drive with my original files? Will they all open correctly then?

-jon

-jon
Closed Thread