Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2015, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Pt 12.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by guatamas View Post
Part of me wonders if track freeze (which we may not see for a long time....) will be the HD only feature people are waiting on. HD people don't seem to be getting any love when Avid keeps releasing/unlocking HD features for us native users. Avid has to offer something up soon for HD users.
Freeze is tied to the upcoming cloud features they want everyone to use. There will be no more HD-only software features. HD is about hardware, DSP power, n low latency tracking, advanced automation, etc. The differences that exist already are many but not sexy. But I dont see those on HD rushing to give it up n drop down to vanilla. The existing HD differences are important enough to them. Many just don't like the yearly tax. And those who have invested in hdx cards and Avid I/O's have a legit gripe.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuth View Post
IMHO 12.4 should be about 3 things: stability, stability, and stability.
Remove the bugs. Right now Pro Tools is not a Professional Tool. We are testing the product them for free. Not for long.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:19 AM

what about no features and get a rid of that killing ears, speakers, blast related to automations!?

I mean.. really?

Do I have to run a software that can kill my speakers creating me a money loss much superior than the PT12 license...? And risk to permanently damage my hearing...

... are you serious? I mean... it happens to us to be the guys who make a living with their ears, also primary passion... and if you damage them, what are you going to do in your life?

I'll stick with 10 till things get solved, stability and no crazy bugs...
Old 12-04-2015, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall2Wall View Post
Freeze is tied to the upcoming cloud features they want everyone to use. There will be no more HD-only software features. HD is about hardware, DSP power, n low latency tracking, advanced automation, etc. The differences that exist already are many but not sexy. But I dont see those on HD rushing to give it up n drop down to vanilla. The existing HD differences are important enough to them. Many just don't like the yearly tax. And those who have invested in hdx cards and Avid I/O's have a legit gripe.
Not if you're not tied to Avid hardware or regularly mix in surround. If you're in the latter camp there's plenty of alternatives (as well as staying on 11), if you're in the former then yes, Avid effectively have you by the b*lls & those users do have my sympathies.

Not being tied to Avid h/w, I've 'downgraded' with a new vanilla 12 license. For me, any surround gets done in 11HD (or the myriad other DAWs that have it as standard). What's left in HD after that isn't worth the extra $ to me - the only thing I have slightly missed is the advanced automation features but I've altered my workflow to suit (& I can always fire up 11HD if I'm desperate but haven't had to yet).

As I eluded in another thread, there comes a point where it becomes a bigger issue than the money. I simply don't agree with Avid's approach to the whole affair for all HD users & I refuse to pay through the nose for what amounts (to me) virtually nothing.

I bought into the whole 'CPTK to HD' upgrade fiasco understanding (& accepting) I'd be paying for HD upgrades (I wont even go into Avid's lies about why the CPTK was discontinued). Thats fine, but exactly what VFM am I getting for my extra $500/$300 now the majority of features have cascaded down to vanilla? It just makes no sense.

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256
Old 12-04-2015, 02:48 AM

I hope they will fix the midi volume bug for a start..
Old 12-04-2015, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Thank U, Thank U Thank YOU!!!
Old 12-04-2015, 03:25 AM

Quote:
+1!
Old 12-04-2015, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall2Wall View Post
Freeze is tied to the upcoming cloud features they want everyone to use.
Not true. We will see "local" Freeze first I was told @ AES.

And, supposedly there WILL be HD only features. I personally think they should simply have one version, but Tim Carrol specifically said it in the last webinar.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Not true. We will see "local" Freeze first I was told @ AES.

And, supposedly there WILL be HD only features. I personally think they should simply have one version, but Tim Carrol specifically said it in the last webinar.
The cloud video they did show in the past had them freezing the tracks then importing them directly into the cloud thing to work with all daws. My assumption is they want the freeze function for everyone (hd/vanilla) so the most possible users can work with the cloud.

Indeed, one version for everyone.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:50 AM

They need to unlock an additional 256 voices for HD users, not only ones with dual HDX. That would be something incredibly useful, and easily achievable.