Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2023, 07:53 AM

Default While we're filling up the top bar with widgets. . .

Since the dev team seems intent on putting the sparsely populated grey bar at the top of the edit window to use, here are a few things I think would be welcome additions:

1. Clip Gain Nudge Value - I change this often enough that I would like a more convenient means to change it. Right now it's a couple menus deep. Maybe a new widget could make accessible other edit values like default fades

2. Custom Shuttle Lock Speed & Custom FF/REW Speed - This is a session-bound preference so why is it tucked in with Pro Tools [Application] Preferences? Confusing and unintuitive. To my mind, it would make sense to add these controls to the Expanded Transport toggle.

3. Always Display Marker Colors - Another session-specific setting, confusingly placed in the application preferences.

4. Solo Mode - A toggle between Latch and X-OR would be handy.

What do you think? What would you make available in the Edit Window top panel if you had the choice? There is a risk of cluttering the space but I'm fond of the current compromise of being able to right-click and check off which modules you want visible.
Old 02-21-2023, 09:51 AM

Default Re: While we're filling up the top bar with widgets. . .

I cannot think of others this very moment, but I like your suggestions, especially clip nudge value!
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 02-21-2023, 03:52 PM

I created a keyboard shortcut in system prefs to toggle between AFL and SIP solo modes. You could do the same with latch and X-OR modes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac Mini 8,1 (2018) | 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel i7 | 64GB Ram | Apple 27" LED Cinema | 2TB System Drive | LaCie Rugged USB-C 2TB SSD NVMe Audio Drive | UAD-2 Quad Satellite (Firewire)

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 | Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.7 | Avid HDX TB3 Chassis | HDX | Avid Omni | Avid 16x16 HD I/O x2 | Digidesign 192 | Digidesign C24
Old 02-21-2023, 06:15 PM

Clip nudge idea. I like it.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 02-22-2023, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.engineer View Post
I created a keyboard shortcut in system prefs to toggle between AFL and SIP solo modes. You could do the same with latch and X-OR modes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, yes I've done this with Keyboard Maestro actually. System Prefs keyboard shortcuts work fine but using KM and Dropbox I'm able to synchronize my shortcuts across several workstations.