Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2015, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools | Control vs. Neyrinck V-control pro

Does the "Control" support surround-panner on touchscreen?

This would be the most important to me, since panning to picture is a pain on the S3 with its knob-velocity.
Old 08-16-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domilik View Post
Does the "Control" support surround-panner on touchscreen?

This would be the most important to me, since panning to picture is a pain on the S3 with its knob-velocity.

I don't believe PTC supports surround at this time.
MBP 15" High Sierra 10.13.3, i7 2.6Ghz, 8Gb DDR, 750Gb 7200rpm, PT 2019.5, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Octopre MkII, Glyph GPT50, Avalon 737sp, AMS Neve 1073's, API 512c, CAPI 312's, DW drums, Fender Guitars/Amps, AKG, Rode, Sennheiser, Neumann U87 & KM184's, Coles 4038, Equator D5 monitors
Old 08-16-2015, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefB View Post
Also - cannot use EUCON and ICON together - its a pity!

Wanted to use it as a control pad in my recording booth - but cannot activate EUCON and my D-Command at the same time.

That's a bummer
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools | Control vs. Neyrinck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
I am not quite sure I follow.

Are you saying that you want the Avid Control app to also control other DAW programs? It can do that. EUCON will also mimic HUI control - just follow the instructions listed here:

http://connect.euphonix.com/document..._Setup_3.0.pdf

EUCON is an incredibly flexible thing. Far more than previous protocols created by Avid.

As an example - I just opened an Ableton Live session followed by a protools session on the same computer. This means they aren't rewired together, I have two different sessions open. My artist series controllers and the iPad Control application will focus on whatever application I am working it. Switching between applications will switch the control surfaces and control because mackie control or eucon - and ableton live and protools.

If you want to lock the control surfaces to a specific DAW, just bring the DAW to the front, open the eucon control panel and click the 'assign' tab - then activate the 'entire surface' checkbox below 'lock to application'. That will lock all the surfaces to the DAW you are currently working in.

I haven't tried it with just the Control app, but it certainly is working with my Mix + Transport + Control app. Hui isn't entirely ideal - Eucon is definitely better, but it does work.
I hate to tell you but as of the latest versions of EuControl, the whole HUI Application control thing no longer works as you cannot add apps to EuControl. If you roll back you can, but then if you'd updated the firmware on your hardware you will need to roll it back as well. Seems the days of the Artist Series Controllers playing nice with any protocol have come to an end. If you have EuCon enabled DAW, you can use EuCon enabled surfaces. If you are running and older system with EuCon, then you can probably get HUI mode working, but how much longer it'll be supported for is anyones guess...
Old 08-16-2015, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftStudios View Post
I hate to tell you but as of the latest versions of EuControl, the whole HUI Application control thing no longer works as you cannot add apps to EuControl. If you roll back you can, but then if you'd updated the firmware on your hardware you will need to roll it back as well. Seems the days of the Artist Series Controllers playing nice with any protocol have come to an end. If you have EuCon enabled DAW, you can use EuCon enabled surfaces. If you are running and older system with EuCon, then you can probably get HUI mode working, but how much longer it'll be supported for is anyones guess...

Avid fixed it in 3.3. I have been using my Artist Mix, Transport & the Avid control iPad app with Ableton Live via HUI since last week. The control app itself isn't that crash hot via HUI though.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
Avid fixed it in 3.3. I have been using my Artist Mix, Transport & the Avid control iPad app with Ableton Live via HUI since last week. The control app itself isn't that crash hot via HUI though.
Well that's good to know. I assumed they just abandoned it, so good to know it's fixed. I'll have to update now. :)