Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2014, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Eleven rack won't boot

Anybody? Help. Please
Old 11-25-2014, 04:25 PM

Hey there. Have you emailed the support dept? I'm not home right now but I will try to find the email address and PM you later. Avid were super helpful in my case. I got mine repaired but they did not tell me what was repaired.
Gibson Guitars
Washburn Guitars
Michael Kelly Guitars
Yamaha Bass
Roland TD30K
EZ Drummer 2
Superior Drummer 2.2
Old 11-25-2014, 05:27 PM

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the reply. I heard back from a US repair center I emailed (I could find no AVID contact) My frined said I have to buy a support contact and I am like WTF!!!. The reapir center wants $100 USD to even look at it. I hope AVID can help, I am past the warranty. What burns me is the unit has been in my non-smoking studio in a gear rack and lightly used and now I am basically screwed. I don't have that kind of cash right now. At $100 USD to just look at it and then God knows how much if they want to replace the main board, it is not in the cards for me.

I asked the repair center what the damages would be if the main board had to be repllaced and am waiting to hear back. I mean you can buy a new unit on Ebay for 349 USD.

I won't be buying another Avid product after this. I am a radio tech and recognise a device that lost its EPROM/Bios start up instructions, my fear is I will pay to have this "fixed" and the weak EPROM will forget again after another year. I am thinking I will sell the unit for parts, the package is in great shape so someone with a beat up unit could have a like new one for a few bucks. I think I am screwed, but appreciate your reply, I will try the email if you send it to me.

Cheers
Old 11-29-2014, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obx777 View Post
I think I am screwed, but appreciate your reply, I will try the email if you send it to me.

Cheers
Sorry for the late reply. Check your PM's
Gibson Guitars
Washburn Guitars
Michael Kelly Guitars
Yamaha Bass
Roland TD30K
EZ Drummer 2
Superior Drummer 2.2
Old 11-29-2014, 07:56 AM

Thank you Brad, I do appreciate your help.

I got an auto reply that said "New Cases Cannot Be Created by email" with a link back too this page:
http://www.avid.com/US/contact-us

That page lead m in circles before and basically wants me to "Pay per Incident"

I don't think I have what it takes to be an Avid customer so I am going to cut my losses.

Thanks for trying to help.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:37 AM

That's a bummer man. Hopefully someone sees your plight and chimes in to offer a solution. Best of luck for the future dude!
Gibson Guitars
Washburn Guitars
Michael Kelly Guitars
Yamaha Bass
Roland TD30K
EZ Drummer 2
Superior Drummer 2.2
Old 12-01-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Hi Brad,

Thanks for the reply. I heard back from a US repair center I emailed (I could find no AVID contact) My frined said I have to buy a support contact and I am like WTF!!!. The reapir center wants $100 USD to even look at it. I hope AVID can help, I am past the warranty. What burns me is the unit has been in my non-smoking studio in a gear rack and lightly used and now I am basically screwed. I don't have that kind of cash right now. At $100 USD to just look at it and then God knows how much if they want to replace the main board, it is not in the cards for me.

I asked the repair center what the damages would be if the main board had to be repllaced and am waiting to hear back. I mean you can buy a new unit on Ebay for 349 USD.

I won't be buying another Avid product after this. I am a radio tech and recognise a device that lost its EPROM/Bios start up instructions, my fear is I will pay to have this "fixed" and the weak EPROM will forget again after another year. I am thinking I will sell the unit for parts, the package is in great shape so someone with a beat up unit could have a like new one for a few bucks. I think I am screwed, but appreciate your reply, I will try the email if you send it to me.

Cheers
Sounds like you had the exact same problem that I had. Have you read through the thread and saw what I wrote?

I was able to call Avid directly, and I did not need any kind of support ticket when I did, I was actually able to get through. They told me online, that there was nothing they could do. But as you can see in this thread, the moderators chimed in and got my situation resolved. It was all tied to a clocking issue on the units were purchased around the same time yours was purchased. They had faulty caulking issues with the units, and it's a known issue. They replaced mind for free, and mind, I'd like yours was over three years out of warranty.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 12-02-2014, 03:02 AM

Barry,

Thanks for the reply. I cannot find a phone number. Avid has set up a barricade of webpages that lead me in circles. The person that help you has disabled pm on this message board.

If you have a phone number still, that might help.

Thanks
Old 12-02-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Barry,

Thanks for the reply. I cannot find a phone number. Avid has set up a barricade of webpages that lead me in circles. The person that help you has disabled pm on this message board.

If you have a phone number still, that might help.

Thanks
You are right about the circular web pages. I guess this is the sort of behavior we learn to expect from the clowns at Avid. But a handy policy if you sell support subscriptions that include phone support if people can't actually find the phone number to call.

The phone number for Avid support is 800-800-AVID (800-800-2843)

You want hardware repair, not other support which would normally need a ASC.

Have a nice story prepared as to why Avid should repair an out of warranty product... like they have for other folks here.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Avid

Quote:
...I cannot find a phone number. Avid has set up a barricade of webpages that lead me in circles.
I don't see an Eleven Rack registered to you, but you can call the 650# listed at http://www.avid.com > Support > Contact > Audio & Music > Pro Tools...

Select the "Hardware Repair" option when you call.

Regards,
JC