Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2017, 08:37 PM

Default Re: SSL Duende Bus Compressor - On Sale 4th-8th Dec

Still for me nothing beats The Glue IMHO of course! that little bugger sounds just too cool and clean if you want it or dirrrrrty if you want that

Otherwise the UAD-2 SSL plugins emulates our SSL4000G+ Console the absolute closest after extensive testing over a few years. The Buss comp in the SSL console really sounds superior to any plugin but IMO UA has done an extremely stellar job there.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-04-2017, 11:49 PM

I was wrong about the buss compressor, at least according to a poster in the Reaper forum who claimed to be a beta tester on the project. He said that while the Duende channel strip is indeed from the digital console, the buss compressor plugin was a separate project, and was specifically written to emulate the G series buss compressor.

My apologies for the misinformation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanrichard View Post
It's the code from one of their digital consoles. IIRC, the C200. I'm sure it resembles the analog desks because SSL wanted a similar sound.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
....Otherwise the UAD-2 SSL plugins emulates our SSL4000G+ Console the absolute closest after extensive testing over a few years..

This is really true, I’ve hated SSL EQ emulations for years, until I demo’d the UAD version-

Wow that EQ does sounds really close to magical - no joke. I checked it on vocals and it really did shine.....

I was amazed, and I own the Duende Native versions..and I hated the channel strip

But this UAD one is amazing
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.