Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2013, 09:04 AM

Default HyperControl for M-Audio Axiom AIR Keyboard Controllers?

Helpful. Now if AIR could just tie up that loose end about its involvement with M-Audio keyboard controllers which just happen to be called AIR Axiom controllers ... then there would really be peace in the kingdom. Specifically, what can you tell those of us in the market for keyboard controllers about the hyperlink functionality that is currently broken in PT11? Is AIR working with Avid to restore the broken functionality? Is there an ETA? Is this M-Audio's problem and not AIR's? And so on. How about an FAQ for this issue, too?
Old 07-09-2013, 09:47 AM
AIR Music Technology

Default Re: HyperControl for M-Audio Axiom AIR Keyboard Controllers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissful World View Post
Helpful. Now if AIR could just tie up that loose end about its involvement with M-Audio keyboard controllers which just happen to be called AIR Axiom controllers ... then there would really be peace in the kingdom. Specifically, what can you tell those of us in the market for keyboard controllers about the hyperlink functionality that is currently broken in PT11? Is AIR working with Avid to restore the broken functionality? Is there an ETA? Is this M-Audio's problem and not AIR's? And so on. How about an FAQ for this issue, too?
I will pass this request onto the M-Audio team. I don't have the latest information as they're in a separate group and driving that product.

Samara
Old 07-09-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samara Winterfeld [AIR] View Post
I will pass this request onto the M-Audio team. I don't have the latest information as they're in a separate group and driving that product.

Samara
Appreciate it!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:39 AM
AIR Music Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissful World View Post
Appreciate it!
I spoke with the M-Audio team this morning. As of today, only the Axiom AIR Mini 32 has a HyperControl personality for PT 10 and PT 11. The M-Audio team is working with Avid to get one for the Axiom AIR 25, 49 and 61 in a future update of Pro Tools.

Hope this helps,

Samara
Old 07-10-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samara Winterfeld [AIR] View Post
I spoke with the M-Audio team this morning. As of today, only the Axiom AIR Mini 32 has a HyperControl personality for PT 10 and PT 11. The M-Audio team is working with Avid to get one for the Axiom AIR 25, 49 and 61 in a future update of Pro Tools.

Hope this helps,

Samara
OMG that would be amazing !!! Thanks
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.

Last edited by YYR123; 03-14-2014 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Samara has left the company....
Old 07-10-2013, 02:53 PM

Nice! That would be cool -- I actually tossed my Axion Pro 49 over into Buy & Sell partly b/c I thought M-Audio were abandoning it (also I was just thinking of trying something else)

--- BUT, if my Axiom Pro is still gonna be supported, and M-Audio are working to get Hypercontrol supported in PT11 -- well now I'm thinking I'll keep my _not that old_ MIDI controller after all.

"I survived the Great Launch Predicaments of PT11 2013."
Old 07-10-2013, 03:17 PM

Hallejulah, AIR has come in from cold and look how easy it is to make grumpy customers and potential customers happy with a little dash of back and forth.

Calling M-Audio!

1) Will the Axiom Pros (or fill in your preferred older Axiom) be supported in the foreseeable future (the life of PT11, for instance ... I'm not asking for eternity)?

2) Approximately when will HyperControl profiles be available for the new AIR Axioms that we can use in PT11?

We're not asking for world peace or global marijuana legalization. At least not here.

I don't know everything, but methinks answering those two simple questions would work out pretty good for PR.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserpathos View Post
Nice! That would be cool -- I actually tossed my Axion Pro 49 over into Buy & Sell partly b/c I thought M-Audio were abandoning it (also I was just thinking of trying something else)

--- BUT, if my Axiom Pro is still gonna be supported, and M-Audio are working to get Hypercontrol supported in PT11 -- well now I'm thinking I'll keep my _not that old_ MIDI controller after all.
Hypercontrol is working just fine in Pro Tools 11, same functionality as in Pro Tools 10 and below. Although not officially supported its still nice to see an effort to update the axiom drivers and offer official Pro Tools 11 support.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guatamas View Post
Hypercontrol is working just fine in Pro Tools 11, same functionality as in Pro Tools 10 and below. Although not officially supported its still nice to see an effort to update the axiom drivers and offer official Pro Tools 11 support.
So, assuming my computer skills are adequate, if I buy an Axiom Pro 61, I should have all the control in PT11 that was available in PT10? And the same should be true for the new AIR Axiom 61?

I hope you're right, but that's not what Russ from Pro Tools Expert said on another thread here. He said he returned his AIR Axiom 61 he was supposed to review because hypercontrol would not work with it.

Your testimony also contradicts what Samara said about Hypercontrol in PT11 not yet being available for any of the M-Audio controllers larger than 32 keys.

Can I respectfully pin you down a little and ask if you have 100% Hypercontrol functionality in PT11 with your Axiom Pro -- or are there some workarounds you didn't mention?

Thanks for the clarification. I really have to break down and buy a controller already!
Old 07-11-2013, 02:28 PM

I have hypercontrol working perfectly for my axiom pro 49 (not the new AIR version, the previous model) in PT11.