Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2007, 10:22 AM

Default URGENT HELP NEEDED!

sorry, new to all this so hopefully this question is in the right place, if not i apologise in advance!
anyway i am in urgent need of saving, i have just bought an m box 2 and an apple mac notebook, 10.5 os x and have had nothing but problems and everything is going wrong so please someone help!
basically heres the story...
bought the apple with 2 gb ram of memory so i wouldnt have any problems running pro tools on it
installed pro tools le 7.3 (but none of the extra plug ins)
ran my first session and randomly it would cut out through recording saying i had run out of cpu power etc..
lowered and increased buffer size and cpu usage, either way didnt make much difference
thought it was the apple that was the problem as i was only doing a standard recording - 2 simultaneous channels with a click - noted that when run with a click it was worse but that was the only plug in i was using so surely the mac wouldnt have a problem?
anyway spoke to apple, spoke to some pro tools people and got told to upgrade to le 7.4 which i have done and i also installed the plugs in i got with the mbox
tried running a session today for the first time but pro tools wouldnt even open as it got stuck while loading
froze at like "chorus plug in"..whatever that is
so i tried deleting the plug ins i had installed (couldnt find a way to unistall them!?) and still i cant even get into protools
anyone know what is going on? any ideas or advice?
i am not a tech pro and its all new to me but no one seems to be able to help me so please someone on here do!
thanks
Old 12-23-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED!

10.5 is not supported yet.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED!

thanks, ye just came across that info on digidesign
is there anyway i can run pro tools off an external hardrive onto the mac, or onto another comp? or do i just have to wait for them to suppourt it?