Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2013, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Reali-Banjo - Virtual Instrument - Kontact Player

I am not so much concerned with the graphics than I am with sound quality and ease of use.

At this price point I couldn't pass it up. Great Banjo VI for what it does. +1

Lou
Avid Pro Tools Carbon, Eleven Rack (ERXP 2.0.1), Neve Shelford Channel, SSL Fusion Analog processor, Avid S1 Control Surface, Yamaha Montage 7 (also used as a MIDI controller), Korg Prologue 16 and Adam A7X Monitors.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6, Logic Pro, VEP 7, Exponential Audio. Eventide, FabFilter. iZotope, McDSP, MDW, Softube, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Waves.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:05 PM

Banjo isn't just Deliverance; I've seen it used in Irish feeling rock bands like Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys.

Surprisingly you know who's a damn good serious banjo player? Steve Martin (he of wild and crazy guy persona years back).

QAPLA!
Old 11-11-2013, 08:23 PM

Thanks for the input on this. I have a whistling library coming out soon that will be $20 or so, and I'm considering doing animated graphics again, so the input is very helpful.

Musicman, my wife and I saw Steve Martin a couple months ago playing with a bluegrass band and it was a great show. It was a music show, not a comedy show, but he still worked in a lot of jokes and the music was outstanding.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:22 PM

Just got the Guitar Lite library for 20 bucks as it was easy to use and looked fast for scratch tracks and to hear what it might sound like with real guitar ... BUT after putting it on a track last night all we said was : Well That stays right there

Great sounding stuff you have so looking forward to more nice Vi's and sample packs for Kontakt5 in the future

Thanks Again Mike

Regards
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-12-2013, 10:50 AM

I will only consider this library if the guy's foot and the dog's tail both move according to host tempo. If not, forget it. At this price, I'm interested in the important features.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
I will only consider this library if the guy's foot and the dog's tail both move according to host tempo. If not, forget it..
Hey that's an idea Mike :)
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Just got the Guitar Lite library for 20 bucks as it was easy to use and looked fast for scratch tracks and to hear what it might sound like with real guitar ... BUT after putting it on a track last night all we said was : Well That stays right there

Great sounding stuff you have so looking forward to more nice Vi's and sample packs for Kontakt5 in the future
Thanks Chris!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
I will only consider this library if the guy's foot and the dog's tail both move according to host tempo. If not, forget it. At this price, I'm interested in the important features.

Believe it or not, it actually would have been harder to make them not move to the beat. The way I wrote the code is that the animation frames happen at the same time as the notes get played, so it was pretty easy.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:47 PM

In that case, I'll probably buy this later today. Gotta get my Earl Scruggs on.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Greene View Post
Thanks for the input on this. I have a whistling library coming out soon that will be $20 or so, and I'm considering doing animated graphics again, so the input is very helpful.

Musicman, my wife and I saw Steve Martin a couple months ago playing with a bluegrass band and it was a great show. It was a music show, not a comedy show, but he still worked in a lot of jokes and the music was outstanding.
Mike,

You are a truly talented programmer and developer.

When I first came across Real Banjo, I could see you had a good sense of humour with the Yeehaw sounds & The animated banjo dude with his Dog, however after watching & listening to the tutorial videos you made, I could really hear the quality of the sampling in this instrument and the level of detail you had gone to, to make this VI an instant hit!

It's apparent to me that you spend a lot of time programming in the GUI to make it fun and animated which is a real bonus plus point for breaking in to the market as it is quite saturated with load of different VIs and this really does give it an edge!

I think your plugins are great value for money and the quality here has more than encouraged me to buy in to them.
Your whistling library sounds really exciting and something that hasn't been done yet but is really needed, so i'll definitely have a listen when that's ready!

Good luck and keep on going, you're doing a fine job!

Robert
Old 11-30-2013, 01:06 PM

Just bought it.
Let's see if he can do some Bela Fleck riffs?