Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Midi Stopped Working: help plz

Hi all:

I'm working with 6.1.1 and Reason Adapted. It has always worked flawlessly until yesterday. I got everything setup (aux track with Reason, midi track, you all know the deal) but now my midi level doesn't go up when I hit notes on my controller. Even more frustrating is that this occurs with all of my virtual instruments. Basically what I'm looking at here is no midi going into proTools. Tried a few basic things but no luck yet. I'm pretty sure that this started happening either during or after a recent Reasons session. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gary
Old 05-27-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Midi Stopped Working: help plz

what type of controller are you working with Gary? I would suggest to double check your Midi I/O's and make sure everything is plugged in securely and then reboot everything and try a new session to see if it would function. Also if your controller has a Midi Thru function, this might be a viable function also. My board seems to reset its self whenever I power off and I have to reset it to Midi Thru anytime I want to use it for just a controller. hope this helps.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:43 PM

Quote:
what type of controller are you working with Gary? I would suggest to double check your Midi I/O's and make sure everything is plugged in securely and then reboot everything and try a new session to see if it would function. Also if your controller has a Midi Thru function, this might be a viable function also. My board seems to reset its self whenever I power off and I have to reset it to Midi Thru anytime I want to use it for just a controller. hope this helps.
Shoot...I wish I could tell you but I'm at work right now. Imagine the most basic controller possible. It has a mod wheel and pitch controller, but other than that, its just the keys and midi out. I'm not sure if the controller has a midi thru so I'll check that out and see if I can get anywhere.

Thanks for the post.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:46 PM

Is it an Maudio controller by chance? do you know how many keys? I could probably guess by the keys on there or look online til I found something that you recognize. lol
Old 05-27-2005, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Is it an Maudio controller by chance? do you know how many keys? I could probably guess by the keys on there or look online til I found something that you recognize. lol
haha, okay, worth a chance here. Off the top of my head, I do not remember exactly how many keys but I think the thing covers something like 5 octaves. The keys are weighted. The overall color of the console is grayish/blue. There are three buttons on the console (in the middle), none of which I have actually used. One button controls bank numbers. The other two, well, once again, can't recall!

Gary
Old 05-28-2005, 02:56 AM

Had the same thing with my M-Audio Keystation. Drivers just disappeared, so try reinstalling them.