Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2006, 03:44 PM

Default Pro Tools Plug-ins STOP Working

Ok so heres my story:

I just had bought a pro tools le system with a mbox 2. Now installed everything including my plug-ins and i was very exciting to use the pro tools demo plug-ins (DV tool kit,Vocalign etc.)

When i first booted up Pro Tools it had promt me with a demo version and i clicked Try. After tring the demos for the night i shut off my Mac and Pro tools.

The next morning i woke up and had some time again to play with the plug-ins however when i opened up Pro Tools it said the demos had expired.

WHAT! i thought they were 30 days trials. Now from Avid.com i learned that my computer reset its date so that was the reason for the plug-ins to stop working. I tried to reinstall the plug ins but digi design is smarter then that and it still prompt me with the demo expired.

How do i re-install these demos without rebooting my system. Is there a file i can remove or somthing.

Thanks
Kyle
Old 02-12-2006, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Plug-ins STOP Working

Yeah, if your computer clock gets messed up, there's not much you can do about expiring demos which use that clock to set their expirations. If you keep your clock set to get time from a network server you shouldn't run into that problem, but it does require you to have an 'always on' connection to the internet.

Your only option at this point is really to just back everything up, wipe the hard drive and start over. And make sure you clock stays correct this time