Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Mac OS X \'Tiger\' compatibility information.

So you said your name was William Walllace was it? You should go to a football game or something man....vent the hate. Or become like a gorilla freedom fighter for some opressed third world nation. All Im trying to say is that your energy would be better spent elsewhere. And apparently so would have been your money. So it goes. . . redundant posts on here day by day. Im guilty too I suppose. It's just become a part of my daily routine. Log on to DUC and laugh at the soap opera.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:21 AM

Quote:
that's it good just hold still and I wil get that brown off your nose.
Very mature...

And I persist in asking; in what way will whining and flaming help us getting the update sooner? Perhaps my post was overly digi-positive, but ahhh come on bashing them won't do any good. Chill out man.

Happy midsummer

(as opposed to make music :/ )
Old 06-23-2005, 12:41 AM

Well, I'd like to at least thank the Digi Tech Support for that last post. I strongly believe that it would have helped to minimize the level of frustration felt from the Tiger PT LE camp if they just said it that eloquently and clearly from the beginning. Perhaps, if the Digi website read more like a user-friendly, public relations-aware company rather than an engineering manual... I swear, sometimes the little things can make a big difference, no matter how unimportant they seem. Sure, the programmers and engineers are hard at work, (I believe that they are) but you have to reach out to your customer base and at least "appear" accessible and concerned.

I do agree that it is bad business strategy to be "down" for so long, as no one can currently buy a new G5 with Tiger and a compatible PT LE system. That's almost a month of potential sales down the proverbial toilet. But I guess that's ok since most of the revenue probably comes from the TDM sector anyway.

Yes, yes. No doubt everyone should check compatibility issues before jumping onto something new, especially if your livelihood depends on it. But it's still a drag to wait such a long time, especially when everyone else already has their update(s). I'm still a loyal supporter of Digi. If I wasn't I would just shut up and buy something else. But I still hope they fix their website.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:43 AM

So where exactly are we on the countdown of the release?? Is it one more week??? Let me know! Thanks.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:11 AM

I was just about to post an almost identical question, pingvuiini.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Mr or Mrs Worldover or whoever you are, I should bring to your attention one simple fact. No one on the planet at the moment can buy a new 002 and a new mac G5 and use them. Do you think that this is alright? Do you think that you are the authority on this matter?

You can take your aggressive behavior elsewhere 'cause frankly I think you are either a digi employee signed in here under as an alias or an up-and-running pro tools user who really could not give a toss about others at all. I am angry about this situation and god damn it, I am going to keep posting stuff here 'till the cows come home. None of your pussy Digi butt-kissing antics will go over well with anyone who is on this forum with a purpose. Do you think my posts are silly and upsetting? If so, then you need to come over to my place for a hug and a kiss, just like the other guy who had a bit of a cry. (He came over and we actually made passionate make-up love on top of my 002). Is this forum a place for us to just say "Digi, I love you, you never do anything wrong, what are you doing tonight digi, wanna head down town for a coffee digi, or maybe catch a movie?". NO, I don't think so homeboy, It's a place to discuss and communicate about issues that we as digi hardware owners are quite welcome to do. Hell, even if you don't own the hardware you can come here and talk.

Sometimes, things are not as black and white as you would like to think. This is one of those times pal. I live in a free country where expressing your view is legal. Who died and made you the CEO of DigiDesign. You even dare to tell us to shut up? on a FORUM?? Wake up to yourself you donkey and realise that this is what forums are for, and when some gullah tries to make us feel like a fool for standing up for what we believe in is the day that all of this freedom of speech that we enjoy is threatened.

And as for the check before you buy idea. What?? You want me to buy a PC so I can use a 002 on XP?. If I had a set of Gorilla nuts for a brain I might entertain that thought.

So beat it pal, we don't give a crap what you say. You will have to tie me up in the basement of my home with my 002 firewire cable to stop me from flaming you on this forum for the next month or so.

So come on buddy, let's dance...

Yours on behalf of the Tiger-trapped Mac G5 posse.
Hello Mr/Mrs SandwhichFace or whoever you are. Your telling me to take my agressive behaviour elsewhere? Wake up and look at yourself! I'm sorry but do you really think Digidesign like not having a compatible version of LE either? They are gunna be loosing out on some big £££ by not having this update out sooner. Wheither you updated without checking compatibility or picked a particularily bad time to buy a new mac, it is simply your fault for not checking the compatibility issues. Digidesign never promised to bring out an update immediatly, they promised 8-10 weeks as far as I remember... which would make any update imminant anyway. Yeah right im really a Digidesign employee.. If I was, surely I would be busy sorting out those few lines of code that olny need a couple of clicks to put right! No. Im jut someone who learnt how to read the small print before making major changes to my computer rig. So yeah I do have an up and running version, mainly because in my studio I adopt a policy of holding out before I upgrade... Untill I know the facts. I guess that has just made the last few weeks that little bit more productive for me.

This thread has turned into a farce, mainly because of the likes of you. And yes, we live in a free world, therefore I also have free speach and stand up for what I believe in. I hope you learnt from the foolish mistake you clearly made, and maybe next time a slagging match like this wont be necissary, because you, like me, will hold out and wait for all those little important issues to surface before you put you livelyhood and productivity on the line.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Well, I'd like to at least thank the Digi Tech Support for that last post. I strongly believe that it would have helped to minimize the level of frustration felt from the Tiger PT LE camp if they just said it that eloquently and clearly from the beginning. Perhaps, if the Digi website read more like a user-friendly, public relations-aware company rather than an engineering manual... I swear, sometimes the little things can make a big difference, no matter how unimportant they seem. Sure, the programmers and engineers are hard at work, (I believe that they are)
... If I wasn't I would just shut up and buy something else. But I still hope they fix their website.
You'd like to THANK them? Please. If you have purchased Digidesign hard/software, you've helped pay their salary. These forum moderators/pr people are here as a customer service. They exist solely to serve us. (as it relates to us owning their hardware anyway.) Honestly, if we didn't purchase the product and keep them all in jobs, they really wouldn't be here. So, I find it hilarious that you'd thank some moderator for giving you some inspecific hoo-hah about LE being difficult to update. Bah. Is it just me, or does it seem like there is a larger plan at work here. Apple is switching to Intel chips, there are more and more PC Tools users daily, and suddenly there is a massive hang up and for over two months Digi cannot cater to new Mac users? Forcing them to find an alternative method of recording audio? Like...running XP? Hmm.. Well that sounds a little too much like a conspiracy for my tastes..but may I remind you that history has a way of repeating itself?
Old 06-23-2005, 08:10 AM

Ok... how about we just all leave. Stop posting ......... f em.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:16 AM

Well, I am a customer, so I don't mind about it's easy or not to rewrite PTLe.

I just want that PTLe works with Tiger the latest OS of the computer I have chosen. That's it.

Anyway, I think that the time needed to Digidesign to update their software is too long. That is what I think.
Main softwares companies have made their job early, Digidesign is a big company, so I expect them to do their job quicker.

I use my computer to do other things as important as making music, so I don't want to be stucked with an "old" OS.
That is my right.
I have Logic Pro, Cubase SX3, Digital Performer 4.5.2 too, and I got no problem. The only one which makes me sick is PTLe.

Now, the 10 weeks delay is over, so I expect PTLe will be released this week.

... and finally as a customer I got the right to rant and rave about Digidesign if I feel I have to.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:42 AM

Everyone has a right to rant or rave -- that's natural and forums are great for that for letting people vent, discuss, or share info.

Expecting anyone to do anything about your rant or rave like hurry up and release LE ahead of the promised 8-10 weeks is moronic.

This forum has become sheer entertainment for many, like me, who just check back to see how wacky the postings are getting. Too much free time (or coffee).
2019 16" MBP, 32GB, 1TB SSD; OSX 10.15.7; 4TB USB-C G-Tech External
Summit Audio 2BA-221, TLA-50 -->Focusrite 18i20 3rd Gen, Eleven Rack, Pro Tools 2021.3
Plugins, Virtual Instruments, and real ones
Closed Thread