Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2008, 04:21 PM

Default Elastic Audio not showing Analysis

Hey everyone, just got done doing some drum tracking on a song. Right now im trying to use the Elastic Audio plugin on all the drums tracks. I have them grouped, and set the "Rhythmic" algorithm to the tracks. All of them get analyzed. But the only track that doesn't show analysis is the Overheads. It got analyzed cause I watched it grey out before it went to the other tracks. But when I switch them all over to analysis view there are no analysis or warp markers on the Overheads track. The Overheads is a stereo track. I don't think that would matter though cause I've used the the "rhythmic" algorithm on stereo Overheads before. Any thoughts, anyone else see this problem? I think Im gonna close out of pro tools and re-open and see if that does anything.

Pro Tools LE 7.4cs3

computer specs at the bottom...
Old 03-10-2008, 04:49 AM

Default Re: Elastic Audio not showing Analysis

Have you tried zooming in on the track?
Old 03-10-2008, 02:07 PM

yes ive tried zooming in to see if it was maybe a GUI glitch or something. but still nothing. ive done all troubleshooting deleting DAE prefs etc... basically everyting short of a reinstall. that's probably going to be my next option.

a part of me wonders if it has something to do with cs3? cause with 7.4 and 7.4cs2 I didnt have the problem. this is something that im encountering after the installation of cs3.

maybe ill just do a reinstall of 7.4 and check it, then install cs2 and check it again.

another part me wonders if it was just a glitch when it analyzed the tracks.

i dunno. ill experiment, and let you know.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:43 PM

I had a similar problem... don't know if this is of any help but is the problem track in ticks instead of samples. Sorry if you already knew that but figured might as well try.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:17 PM

Hi Bill, the track is in samples. but switiching between the two(Ticks/Samples) does nothing either.

Well after I loaded up Pro Tools real quick to check it out one more time before I reinstalled and got the BSOD(first time ever) as Pro Tools was loading I figured, "ok that's not gonna happen. might as was just reintall"

So I reinstalled and right now I've just got 7.4 up. Loaded the session. I had the whole song in the mix window so you could see it without scrolling. I turn the drums group on, enable the "Rhythmic" algorithm, set the tracks to analysis, and NONE of them show analysis this time. I zoom in and then I see the analysis. BUT...not on the Overheads. Still every other track but not Overheads.

So now, I think im going to just install cs2. Which I doubt will make a difference at this point. But I'm going to open another session where I used elastic audio on the whole kit and everything worked.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:25 PM

well still no luck. ive troubleshooted deleting dae prefs etc.., reinstalled pro tools, moved the files into a new session. moved the files onto my system drive to open in a new session just for analyzing. and nothing, all drum tracks except Overheads gets the analysis markers.

what's funny is I brought up a scratch Overhead take that we did before the actual one and analyzed that one and it worked perfectly fine.

what the hell ????

am i just supposed to assume here that i am getting elastic audio on all my drum tracks except Overheads? i mean I don't have a clue on what else to do.

i guess i could just manually put the markers in myself....but that's not what I paid $50 to do.

***for those that want to start bashing and saying why not get a drummer that can play in time, it's not the case. we just a few versions of the song at a some different tempos to pick from.