Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2022, 01:05 PM

Default HD Native on M1 Mac

Hi, I want to confirm something before I spend some money.
I own an HD IO 16x16 and an HD Native PCIe card. Up until now, I have been using it in a 5,1 Mac Pro with my Pro Tools Ultimate license and digilink driver license. My updates ended with 2020.9.

I tried to install the 2020.9 HD Driver, but I assume it is not compatible on my new M1 Mini since I get to the "install" button and it is gray.

OK, so I figure I need to buy a support reinstatement of sorts to get newer software downloads. Is there a difference between "Avid Annual Upgrade Plan Ultimate Reinstatement for Pro Tools" and any of the other confusingly titled purchase options? The particular one I am considering is from Alto music.

And if there is some fix I am missing to just using my 2020.9 HD Drivers... even better! I did do the security settings change for M1 Macs where you allow kernel access.
Old 03-18-2022, 08:15 PM

Default Re: HD Native on M1 Mac

I’m running Native HD with an M1 Mini. I rolled the M1 back to Big Sur the day I got it and had to call Avid to get it working. It took a long time but they did it for me with Remote Desktop. I just had to keep putting my password in.

No waiting for the call and they were very friendly as well. Finally got the chance to use the service plan I pay for. Loving the Mini right now. Excited for support to be rolled out.

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/