Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2014, 09:06 PM

Default Consolidate freezes in Pro Tools 11

Hello, I have an Pro Tools Express on an iMac with OS X 10.8.5, and I just downloaded the 30 day trial of Pro Tools 11, because I want to update. It all works fine until I try to consolidate, then the computer shows the little box "shaker 01.01" or whatever is the first track and the little rainbow sign starts and it hangs totally. Interesting is that its just Pro Tools that totally freezes, the rest of the programs like Safari continues working. The only way to proceed is to turn the computer of at the back.
I have read some threads and I have not used the "warp markers", made test with a very small test project, trying from an external LaCie USB 3 drive and internally from the iMac, nothing works, it just freezes. Even trying to consolidate separate tracks have this result. What can it be? Could it be because it is a trial? But the export works fine… I really need to consolidate some tracks, please anyone… Thanks!
Old 12-11-2014, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Consolidate freezes in Pro Tools 11

ok…now I have downloaded and installed Pro Tools 11.2.2, everything else working fine, but still the same problem, consolidating whatever thing, on any HD or internally, any size just gives the massage "Rendering Track…" and the little rainbow, and I have to turn of the computer at the back, totally freezed. Please anyone...
Old 12-11-2014, 02:45 PM

I don't have any experience with this particular issue but did you uninstall pro tools express? Pro tools 11.x and Pro Tools 10.3.6 and higher can be co installed on the same machine but I'm not sure about express...

Again, might have nothing to do with your issue...
Old 12-11-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBA75 View Post
Hello, I have an Pro Tools Express on an iMac with OS X 10.8.5, and I just downloaded the 30 day trial of Pro Tools 11, because I want to update. It all works fine until I try to consolidate, then the computer shows the little box "shaker 01.01" or whatever is the first track and the little rainbow sign starts and it hangs totally. Interesting is that its just Pro Tools that totally freezes, the rest of the programs like Safari continues working. The only way to proceed is to turn the computer of at the back.
I have read some threads and I have not used the "warp markers", made test with a very small test project, trying from an external LaCie USB 3 drive and internally from the iMac, nothing works, it just freezes. Even trying to consolidate separate tracks have this result. What can it be? Could it be because it is a trial? But the export works fine… I really need to consolidate some tracks, please anyone… Thanks!
Do you mean Bounce to disk? Because, in Pro Tools language, consolidate doesn't do a mixdown of multiple tracks. What I've colored red confused me a little bit.

How are the drives formatted?
Old 12-19-2014, 01:43 PM

SEBA75 are you using PT 11.2.2 along with Yosemite?

Same thing is happening to me at work. New iMac with Yosemite and whoever installed it, installed the latest update. I didn't have any problems with ?11.0.2? I think is what it was. Once the update, PT hangs up during consolidate region and also on cmd+f. Consistently, I might add.

So, at the moment I think it's because of Yosemite (which I know isn't supported by Avid just yet) and the latest update.

I'm interested to know if you've found a fix yet.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsairsick View Post
SEBA75 are you using PT 11.2.2 along with Yosemite?

Same thing is happening to me at work. New iMac with Yosemite and whoever installed it, installed the latest update. I didn't have any problems with ?11.0.2? I think is what it was. Once the update, PT hangs up during consolidate region and also on cmd+f. Consistently, I might add.

So, at the moment I think it's because of Yosemite (which I know isn't supported by Avid just yet) and the latest update.

I'm interested to know if you've found a fix yet.
I would try 11.3 which came out a few hours ago and see. There are some nice bugfixes and Yosemite support

Best
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-21-2015, 04:08 PM

I installled pro tools 11.3

I have the lastest retina display imac with yosemite

When consolidating it still freezes

Also elastic audio in real time works but x form rendering doesnt

Today is jan 22,2015 and still getting frustrated about this

Any help or do i have to wait until avid comes with an update

Thanks
Old 01-21-2015, 04:15 PM

Well an update for your somewhat isolated problem is maybe a stretch as we never had this issue and as far as I can see on the forums there aren't a lot of members with this problem.

Can you be more precise what happens and what you are doing when it freezes aswell as session size, plugins in session, where are you recording to and what hard drives do you have. Name Model and what speeds they are aswell.

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-21-2015, 07:25 PM

Hi Chris

Thanks for your response, at the moment I just opened a small session that was done in pro tools 10 (from my laptop), and then move it to the new computer (imac retina i5 late 2014) with pro tools 11.3

I'm running no plugins and the session is fairly small, just couple of tracks.
I'm using a presonus studio live 16.4.2 as an interface but not running anything simultaneously.

I'm just using an external samsung drive, a usb 2.0 drive.

-----
Here's what I'll do, I'll try this when I get home, I'll open a new session in pro tools 11.3, import a sample from the computer's internal hard drive, and then in the edit window I'll edit the clip and then try to consolidate, if it still freezes then I don't know what else to do but maybe re-install pro tools?

thanks again for your help

Joe
Old 01-24-2015, 11:56 AM

I have been having the same issue since 11.X. I believe he/she is talking about the Option Shift 3 audio file rendering and not the command F (fade). Well the Option Shift 3 key combo is what I am having the issue with.

I have scrubbed, reinstalled, cleaned up ect ect the installs and uninstalls and I have been no closer to finding a solution. I have dumped all prefs and all the million other items that have been suggested to do with issues with PT11. I have moved the audio file I was trying to render from my external to my regular HD and ran into the same issue of it hanging up. I do have the student free upgrade to PT 11 but I believe that shouldn't be an issue.

I am open to any new ideas and suggestions because I like a lot of the small things that 11.X has to offer but because I use the key combo quite a bit I am reduced to using PT 10.3.9 for the mean while.

Sys Prefs
OS X V 10.9.5, 2.6 GHz i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM, Seagate External 1TB.